Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT!! 2021 303RLS Refrigerator Wiring Caused FIRE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this posted in a newsletter by RV Travel. t thought this might be a good spot to leave it. If not feel free to move it. I copied it verbatim from the newsletter.

John

Grand Design recalls fifth wheel RVs for refrigerator-related fire danger

ByRV Travel
    February 3, 2022

Grand Design RV, LLC (Grand Design) is recalling certain 2013-2021 Momentum, Solitude, and Reflection fifth wheel trailers. A 110-volt wire in the refrigerator cabinet
    may be improperly secured, which could result in the wire contacting the refrigerator cooling unit, causing a dangerous electrical arc.

The potential number of RVs affected is 43,421.

Remedy
    Dealers will inspect and replace any damaged wiring, and properly secure the wires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed February 21, 2022. Owners may contact Grand Design customer service at 1-574-825-9679. Grand Design’s number for this recall is 910026.
    John & Beata, Waterford, WI
    2021 Reflection 337 RLS
    2017 Ford F350 Lariat, Diesel, Crew Cab, Demco 21K Recon 5th Wheel Hitch
    1200 watts solar, Multiplus II, 4 BB batteries, Orion DC/DC charger

Comment

@S&M_G

Thank you for sharing. Even though my older Imagine is not affected, this is enough information to result in a thorough inspection this spring.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by John L View Post
        I saw this posted in a newsletter by RV Travel. t thought this might be a good spot to leave it. If not feel free to move it. I copied it verbatim from the newsletter.

John

Grand Design recalls fifth wheel RVs for refrigerator-related fire danger

ByRV Travel
        February 3, 2022

Grand Design RV, LLC (Grand Design) is recalling certain 2013-2021 Momentum, Solitude, and Reflection fifth wheel trailers. A 110-volt wire in the refrigerator cabinet
        may be improperly secured, which could result in the wire contacting the refrigerator cooling unit, causing a dangerous electrical arc.

The potential number of RVs affected is 43,421.

Remedy
        Dealers will inspect and replace any damaged wiring, and properly secure the wires, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed February 21, 2022. Owners may contact Grand Design customer service at 1-574-825-9679. Grand Design’s number for this recall is 910026.
        Yes - thanks for sharing!

My 2021 303 is going in to dealer end of this month to replace the cooling unit on the Norcold fridge that failed in September (FYI... took more than 3 months to get warranty approval and for the part to finally arrive... wow). I will make sure the dealer is aware of this recall so they can check while they have the fridge out. I did inspect the area when this was first posted and didn't spot any issues, but the recall (assuming it applies) is additional comfort.
        Ken & Sandra
        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

theboss17 -- moved your two posts to their own thread. See Ceramic Fiber Blanket Behind Refrigerator here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...d-refrigerator
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by KSC_Travels View Post

Yes - thanks for sharing!

My 2021 303 is going in to dealer end of this month to replace the cooling unit on the Norcold fridge that failed in September (FYI... took more than 3 months to get warranty approval and for the part to finally arrive... wow). I will make sure the dealer is aware of this recall so they can check while they have the fridge out. I did inspect the area when this was first posted and didn't spot any issues, but the recall (assuming it applies) is additional comfort.
            Just had our wiring inspected and an additional wire staple attached. All good. Our refrigerator cooling unit failed mid February 2022. Took 3 days for approval 2 weeks for shipment. All went fairly smoothly. Repair company provided a loaner residential fridge while we waited for ours to be repaired.
            Good luck.
            Cooper
            2021 303RLS
            2012 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW Short Box

Comment

Working...
            X