AC Power Loss Fridge,Fireplace, TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Power Loss Fridge,Fireplace, TV

2016 337RLS, VIN 573FR3623G3303639. Needs wiring diagram and any ideas would be helpful. Microwave still powered.

Originally posted by Mxcanichols View Post
    2016 337RLS, VIN 573FR3623G3303639. Needs wiring diagram and any ideas would be helpful. Microwave still powered.
    First welcome to the forum. If you get a chance please read the welcome letter.

As to the issue as the microwave still has power, I am guessing something has happened in one of the electrical boxes with the plugs as the wiring is daisy chained from one to the other. With the power off open each box and check for a loose wire.

If everything was out I would suspect the connection from the umbilical that runs to the slide, Actually I would start there. Look under the slide and look for the wiring bundle. First check this bundle for any issues (broken chafed wires). Then inside where this bundle enters the slide should be a junction box or Mollex connector where the wire transitions from soft stranded cable to rigid romex. Look at the connection for any loose wires, etc.. If nothing keep following the romex to the next electrical box and do the same. Hopefully you will just find a loose wire. Again make sure the power is off.

Hope this helps
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

There is not a "wiring diagram" per se. Before doing anything else, let me suggest two simple things:

1. Reseat the power cord at the shore power connection and at the point it enters your coach.
      2. Locate your breaker panel. Turn all breakers off and then back on.

If this doesn't solve the issue, let us know. Do you have a multi-meter, and are you comfortable working with 120V AC Power?

And welcome to the forum BTW, Here's a copy of our welcome letter:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Mxcanichols Welcome to the forum! Your microwave is on it's own breaker, and possibly your fake fireplace is also on it's own. My first two thoughts are have you checked your breakers and since this is all in your slide and around the sink, check for a tripped GFCI outlet. I would next inspect the power cord feeding the slide out and check for damage to it.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Floorplan.png
Views:	722
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	58485
          Update:Outlets in Red inop (Couch, TV, Cabinet above TV, Kitchen Table) TV/Fireplace, Refrigerator inop. Outlets in green work. Cycled all breakers on/off multiple times, all fuses check good. I am fine using VOM and understand AC electrical. Two weeks ago was first time lost power. unplugging and replugging in ac power at connection to camper fixed problem (happened twice). Then good for the last two weeks, then dropped out again and cant get it back on.

Comment

Two weeks ago was first time lost power. unplugging and replugging in ac power at connection to camper fixed problem (happened twice). Then good for the last two weeks, then dropped out again and cant get it back on.
            I'd check 50A inlet & cord for loose wire / contacts as power loss is like missing a 50A leg
            Gene and Kim
            2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
            2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Another check would be inside the power distribution panel. Remove the front cover and check that all wires on the breakers are secure , check all of the DC wiring as well. Please do this with ALL power turned off in the RV , disconnect battery wires and shore power.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Floorplan.png Views:	0 Size:	361.9 KB ID:	58485
                Update:Outlets in Red inop (Couch, TV, Cabinet above TV, Kitchen Table) TV/Fireplace, Refrigerator inop. Outlets in green work. Cycled all breakers on/off multiple times, all fuses check good. I am fine using VOM and understand AC electrical. Two weeks ago was first time lost power. unplugging and replugging in ac power at connection to camper fixed problem (happened twice). Then good for the last two weeks, then dropped out again and cant get it back on.
                I doubt it's the power cord or the main breaker to L1 as the GFI circuit is on the same L1 leg as the Refrigerator (which is all the outlets in red in your picture). Below is a diagram of my 315's circuits. It appears the GFI circuit in the front passthru is also dead? That's odd.

An easy way to check for a leg failure is to run both air conditioners. They each run off a different leg of 120vAC.

Note that it is quite possible our trailers, even though they are almost the same model, could be wired differently. (Don't ask me why...hurts my head to even contemplate the "why".)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outlet to CB OEM.JPG Views:	0 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	58525

The outlet near the stove (not the microwave outlet) is probably also dead. That outlet is at the end of the circuit. I suspect the outlet at the dinette is the start of the circuit.

If I'm right, that leads to three possibilities.

1) @CountryCamper 's suggestion about the breaker could be the issue. Check the hot connection going into the breaker as well as the neutral. As Brian mentioned, all power off when doing these checks!

2) The molex connector that transitions the "hard" wiring to the "soft" wiring in the slide has failed. The molex is above the coroplast (under the floor) and looks like the picture below. A molex failure is not uncommon. (That's actually Brian "modeling" the Molex and wires at the Grand Design factory!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Molex (Large).jpg Views:	0 Size:	145.5 KB ID:	58527

3) The outlet itself has failed or the wiring is faulty. (If the power isn't getting to or passing through this outlet the entire string of outlets will not work) This should be easy to check by probing the wires with the outlet out of the wall.

Click image for larger version  Name:	RV Outlet (Large).jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.2 KB ID:	58526

Howard
                Last edited by howson; 06-24-2021, 09:49 AM.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I doubt it's the power cord or the main breaker to L1 as the GFI circuit is on the same L1 leg as the Refrigerator (which is all the outlets in red in your picture).
                  Howard
                  OK that's sounds right.
                  The other thing is the Fireplace and Frig may be on the same Tandem Circuit Breaker, so wonder about that CB having a problem that is affecting both frig and fireplace.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tandem 15A CBs GFCI+Microwave, Frig+Fireplace.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.4 KB ID:	58549

My A/Cs were originally both on the same leg.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	L1 Leg CBs.jpg
Views:	755
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	58558
                  Last edited by gbkims; 06-24-2021, 09:55 AM.
                  Gene and Kim
                  2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                  2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Repair update. Removed the 50A cb from the cb panel and re-installed. Everything works again, so I bought a new cb now and replaced it. All seems to be working, so if you see not further posts it remains fixed. Thank you all for the responses. I do appreciate them all.

Comment

Repair update. Removed the 50A cb from the cb panel and re-installed. Everything works again, so I bought a new cb now and replaced it. All seems to be working, so if you see not further posts it remains fixed. Thank you all for the responses. I do appreciate them all.
                      Good luck, hopefully that was the fix!
                      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Problem returned today. My son plugged in the cable box to the living room TV outlet and lost power again. Previously power was lost when he plugged his laptop power cord onto the aft side Island outlet. Reset power outside, removed and reinstalled 50a cb no help this time. Ground fault not tripped on fwd side of island. Further troubleshooting- decided to swap the refrigerator and fire place cb either the washer and drying cb. While removing the fireplace/refrigerator cb, one of the wires came loose. Rescued wire to cb and reinstalled. All working good again.

Comment

Check the main power cord. I suspect either the end of the cord or the plug on the side of the camper is suspect. I had a similar issue on my unit. 1/2 of everything quit working. Thought it might be a broke or pulled wiring in the slide as that's all the stuff that did not work.
                          Joseph
                          Tow
                          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                          X