Breaker keeps tripping!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaker keeps tripping!!!

Own a 2019 315RLTS Reflection. It is currently plugged into city power. One of the 110 outlets in the bedroom keeps tripping the breaker with nothing being plugged into it. It doesn't trip everyday so we know it's not shorted.Has anyone else experienced this?

Craig Robb

Welcome to our owners technical forum. When you have a chance, have a look at our welcome post. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members . This will help you set up your signature and navigate the forum.

Since this is a 2019 model, is this a recent occurrence or has this been happening since new? Tripping a breaker usually means high current (possible a short) or a faulty breaker. I would start by looking for a loose connection in either the main circuit breaker box, or in the outlet(s). Is it possible that something plugged into another outlet on the same circuit is causing the problem? If nothing is plugged into this outlet . . . how do you know that this outlet tripped the breaker?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Robb View Post
      Own a 2019 315RLTS Reflection. It is currently plugged into city power. One of the 110 outlets in the bedroom keeps tripping the breaker with nothing being plugged into it. It doesn't trip everyday so we know it's not shorted.Has anyone else experienced this?
      Hi Craig,
      I have an 2019, too, which in actuality is a late '18 model but likely wired the same as yours. You'll be surprised at how many different circuits power outlets in the bedroom!

I have limited internet access currently, but https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...m-2019-315rlts shows how my trailer was wired by GD. Ignore the mod part of the post--not applicable to your question.

Bottom line: specifically which outlet and breaker is causing the issue in the bedroom?

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Craig Robb Welcome to the Family and the forum!
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I don't have a 315RLTS..so this is just a wild guess, maybe wiring that moves with the slide was damaged?....somehow?
          Last edited by howson; 06-22-2021, 07:16 PM. Reason: Minor edit to comply with forum rules.
          2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
          Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Working...
          X