Test run for the new generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test run for the new generator

We recently bought a Champion 4500w inverter generator for use with our trailer. Since it was warm this week and I wanted to get some break in hours on the new gen I decided we should do some evening driveway camping. I had already run the gen under a light load for a couple of hrs for break in so it was time to hook it up to the trailer and make sure our choice was right. With the AC on high and the TV on, the gen was only at half load according to the display on it. The EMS in the trailer (the gen has a bonding plug) showed line 1 at 13a and line 2 at 2a with voltage right around 120 on each. This was using our 30a cord with the 50a trailer end. The gen is amazingly quiet, with it sitting about 12 ft behind the trailer its quiet enough that its hard to tell if its running, I forgot at one point that we were even on the gen. All in all I am very pleased with the choice. Its nice to know that now we have the ability to dry camp with the AC during the warmer months. I am too old and doughy to sleep without AC anymore
    2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
    We recently bought a Champion 4500w inverter generator for use with our trailer.
    Sounds good, I just broke in one last month, the dual fuel for home & RV use.

Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

They really made the oil changes easy. Twist the knob, remove the small side cover and pull the rubber hose out, take off the cap and drain into a pan. No muss no fuss.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
      X