smoke in storage bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke in storage bay

2018 29 RS plugged in home shore power this morning and the storage area filled with smoke, turned off power and it stopped. appears to be coming from right side of trailer under storage area. no problem with 12 volt only shore power. What's under that area that would be 110? i am looking for something that tells me whats under that area before I take it apart.
    ThomasNivens

Originally posted by Thomas Nivens View Post
    2018 29 RS plugged in home shore power this morning and the storage area filled with smoke, turned off power and it stopped. appears to be coming from right side of trailer under storage area. no problem with 12 volt only shore power. What's under that area that would be 110? i am looking for something that tells me whats under that area before I take it apart.
    That is not good.

I have the same model could you explain right side , is this the door side?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'd head straight to the converter. There is a transformer in there that could be overheating and starting to cook the lacquer on the wiring. Good thing you caught it.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thomas Nivens Welcome to the family and the forum!

Anther suggestion would be a IR thermometer to check case temps if you re-energize the power. If it doesn't produce smoke, it will at least heat up the case.

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X