Dometic power awning extends/retracts intermittently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic power awning extends/retracts intermittently

We own a 2019 GD 337RLS with two Dometic power awnings (one over the dinette and a second longer one over the door/bedroom). The longer one works well on this trip. The smaller one over the dinette slide-out is extending/retracting intermittently when the switch is pressed. When the awning does not extend/retract, I hear a single click sound up by the motor when the switch is pressed. Occasionally the awning does extend/retract when the switch is pressed. Is this an issue with the connectors at the switch and if so, any recommendations on how to remove the switch plate on the dinette wall? I do not have an adequate ladder at our current campsite to check the voltage at the motor however I did want to check the voltage at the switch without causing more damage “popping” off the switch wall plate. I welcome any other suggestions from the experienced GD forum. Thank you.

The trim ring around the switch pops right off, be gentle, then there are 2 screws that hold the switch on the wall. Be careful not to short the wires, you will probably pop a fuse.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

jmckinn1 Welcome to the family and the forum! ​​​​​​​

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
      X