2670MK Kitchen GFCI location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2670MK Kitchen GFCI location.

ok, I am officially flummoxed. Have tested the two outlets under the overhead cabinets and the one at the end of the island. They are all dead. The GFCI in the bathroom is lit and functional. Can someone tell me where the GFCI for the kitchen is? Maybe outside kitchen? I haven't looked there yet.
    Al & Ann
    F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
    Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Originally posted by humunuku View Post
    ok, I am officially flummoxed. Have tested the two outlets under the overhead cabinets and the one at the end of the island. They are all dead. The GFCI in the bathroom is lit and functional. Can someone tell me where the GFCI for the kitchen is? Maybe outside kitchen? I haven't looked there yet.
    Look in the pass-thru. There should be one or more outlets there, too.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard. In the meantime I learned two additional things in the past 10 minutes. I improperly reset the GFCI in the Bathroom. At first I saw the red light upon testing, then when I reset, it turned yellow. I thought rest was successful. Just now I tested outlet again only to discover that it was indeed not functional. This time, I reset the GFCI properly and no more lights. It's a little different than my home based outlets. Secondly, for all 2670MK owners, the GFCI in the bathroom is for all outlets tagged as GFCI. (There is only one reset point for the entire RV). Thats a lot of outlets on one circuit. Thanks again for indulging my question with a very quick response. I really appreciate this forum and all of time and effort our moderators put into it.
      Al & Ann
      F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
      Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

I have 8 total on my Transcend 260 RB, the main one is in the bathroom. Also, have them on the outside and in the pass-through. I'm having my dealer add a circuit breaker to isolate them from the converter. This is because they magically quit working after our third trip and it's under warranty.

John
        John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
        2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
        ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
        2017 Jayco 26BH
        2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
          I have 8 total on my Transcend 260 RB, the main one is in the bathroom. Also, have them on the outside and in the pass-through. I'm having my dealer add a circuit breaker to isolate them from the converter. This is because they magically quit working after our third trip and it's under warranty.

This is getting interesting.

If I understand you correctly, your converter was on the same circuit as your GFCI. Then, knowing that most GFCI circuits trip at 10amps, it doesn't take long to have enough devices plugged into 8 duplexes along with a converter drawing some amperage (inefficiently) to run DC devices as well as charge house batteries. Maybe its a trip waiting to happen.

Back to my original problem, I don't know why my GFCI tripped. TT is parked at home-base with minimal draw. But for giggles, I wanted to test my new Champion 2500W generator to see if I could charge the house batteries using a 50amp to 20amp dog gone adapter. I didn't have any other 120v devices plugged in but did run some DC devices, such as Awning and maybe a slide. Based on your comment, I am wondering if the GFCI tripped during this experiment. It is the only thing electrically changing during a time when the GFCI would have tripped.

Thank you for your input and observations
          Al & Ann
          F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
          Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

You're welcome and just to be clear. The television was the only thing constantly plugged into the GFCI. I discovered the problem when using a pancake compressor to top off the tires before our fourth trip. I would guess there's a bad connection in one of the outlets which might be your problem also. I replaced my master GFCI outlet and it worked temporarily with only the television plugged in, but then when we arrived at our campsite they didn't work.

I took it to the dealer a week ago, Friday the 16th. They said they are 10 days behind, so I'm hoping it will be back next week. I'll post what they discovered.

John
            Last edited by J & J Bumblebee; 07-24-2021, 12:44 PM.
            John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
            2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
            ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
            2017 Jayco 26BH
            2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Originally posted by humunuku View Post
              ...knowing that most GFCI circuits trip at 10amps..
              All I know about GFCI's I learned in Mike Sokol's book No Shock Zone and, of course, his website. From what I understand it is not the amount of current flowing from the hot to the neutral that trips a GFCI, it's an imbalance between the current flowing through the hot and neutral that trips a GFCI. It doesn't take much to cause one to open.

For a much more detailed (and authoritative) resource check out https://www.rvtravel.com/rv-electric...g-gfci-part-i/

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I wanted to test my new Champion 2500W generator. Not sure if this will help but some generators need to have the ground and neutral bonded. The difference between the neutral and ground trips the GFCI. So I would think they need to be bonded. Check out this post RVelectricity – Generator neutral bonding basics - RV Travel.
                Pierre & Tara
                2021 Imagine 2600RB
                2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
                1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Comment

Petrovsky

Did I mention how much I love this forum. Thank you Pierre, et al. In one instant you have helped me find and understand the root cause of my problem. You have given me an answer and a solution for a problem I didn't realize I had. I had heard of bonding plugs before but never put it together that I needed one. Per your link, the plug is ordered and disaster avoided.
                  Last edited by humunuku; 07-25-2021, 05:43 AM.
                  Al & Ann
                  F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
                  Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Petrovsky

Hello Pierre,

I have received my bonding plug. Do I plug this into the generator next to by dog bone on the same duplex?
                    This seems like the obvious answer, but I want to be sure about this before moving forward.
                    Al & Ann
                    F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
                    Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Working...
                    X