Inverter on or off for storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dodgeboy64 View Post
    OK...I have a 2022 GD M-Class 381M. I have the full GD solar kit. 300w up top an 2000w inverter. I can't get the system to power the rig? Am I missing something. I have 2 battery disconnects and both are on. I have a switch that turns on the inverter next to them and that's lit up. I have my cell with the app, it shows the solar panel output, but no load.
    Dodgeboy64: We have same setup on a 2021 G-Class 320G and had a similar issue…While boondocking a few nights ago, our inverter would not deliver any AC power even though the LEDs on the inverter showed a DC input voltage of 13+ VDC. And, the inverter had worked perfectly on at least one previous occasion. Turned out the GFCI outlet on the side of the inverter was tripped. After resetting the GFCI outlet, I unplugged the 3-prong plug and tested the output and confirmed there was 120VAC coming from the outlet. When I plugged the 3-prong plug it again it immediately tripped the GFCI. Went inside the rig to test and reset the GFCI outlet in the front bathroom (was not tripped) then reset the GFCI outlet on the inverter and the 120VAC power to the coach from the inverter has been working perfectly since then. Ran the fridge, a TV, a small fan and even a small coffee maker for a few minutes off the inverter for more than 5 hours yesterday to test things and it worked perfectly. Tested it again today disconnecting shore power and the inverter turned on and powered the rig perfectly. Hope this helps your situation.
    Chuck & Vicki
    2021 Momentum 320G w/ 8,000 lb axles & disc brakes
    VIN: 573FM3822M1119697
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 w/ Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel, 4 x 4, SRW, short bed, air suspension, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Villager View Post

Dodgeboy64: We have same setup on a 2021 G-Class 320G and had a similar issue…While boondocking a few nights ago, our inverter would not deliver any AC power even though the LEDs on the inverter showed a DC input voltage of 13+ VDC. And, the inverter had worked perfectly on at least one previous occasion. Turned out the GFCI outlet on the side of the inverter was tripped. After resetting the GFCI outlet, I unplugged the 3-prong plug and tested the output and confirmed there was 120VAC coming from the outlet. When I plugged the 3-prong plug it again it immediately tripped the GFCI. Went inside the rig to test and reset the GFCI outlet in the front bathroom (was not tripped) then reset the GFCI outlet on the inverter and the 120VAC power to the coach from the inverter has been working perfectly since then. Ran the fridge, a TV, a small fan and even a small coffee maker for a few minutes off the inverter for more than 5 hours yesterday to test things and it worked perfectly. Tested it again today disconnecting shore power and the inverter turned on and powered the rig perfectly. Hope this helps your situation.
      I could see where this could cause an issue, generally you're not supposed to have multiple GFCI devices in a circuit. If the inverter has on and it's feeding the trailers GFCI as well, that's going to cause issues.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X