Adding light switch with dimmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding light switch with dimmer

We have a 2021 303rls and the two lights over the theater seats are so bright plus you have to get up to turn them on. Has anyone added a dimmable switch on the wall just to the left where you can turn them on and off and dim without getting up. The ones over the pullout bed are the same way
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

I installed lights with a dimmable switch in my little 21G. very easy. Switch was about $30 on amazon
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I am using this: https://www.amazon.com/RV-LIGHTING-W...ing+ws-&sr=8-3

Works pretty well. On the lowest setting the lights flicker a bit. It I don't use that setting anyway.

I installed the same for the lights over our bed. My side is great but wife's side flickers a bit on the lowest 2 settings.
      Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
      2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
      2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post
        I am using this: https://www.amazon.com/RV-LIGHTING-W...ing+ws-&sr=8-3

Works pretty well. On the lowest setting the lights flicker a bit. It I don't use that setting anyway.

I installed the same for the lights over our bed. My side is great but wife's side flickers a bit on the lowest 2 settings.
        I'm not as fancy as you

I got this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

thanks great info Ill have to run wires up to the ones without a switch, some say with the one control you cant put these in,
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

why is there 3 wires? red black where does the red go?
            2021 Reflection 303RLS
            Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 you have power in, power out, and ground. the circuitry needs the ground so the miso computer can work.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

s when I pull down the light with power to it there will be 3 wires?
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                  s when I pull down the light with power to it there will be 3 wires?
                  2 wires to the LEDs, +12V and White 12V return.
                  1st LED will probably jumper to 2nd LED light

1st light-------------->2nd
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Rear OH Light - LH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	64857Click image for larger version  Name:	Rear OH Light - RH.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.3 KB ID:	64859
                  Gene and Kim
                  2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
                  2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                    We have a 2021 303rls and the two lights over the theater seats are so bright plus you have to get up to turn them on. Has anyone added a dimmable switch on the wall just to the left where you can turn them on and off and dim without getting up. The ones over the pullout bed are the same way
                    Dennis66 I hear ya on that! I too am considering something like this. The ones over the couch at the back should be simple - they are already switched and not on the OneControl system. Should be a simple matter of changing the switch to a dimmer like the ones over the dining table.

The ones over the theatre seats are more problematic. They are not on a switch at all (individually controlled - like the pantry light but without the motion sensor) but luckily also not on the OneControl system. Technically, not complicated to wire them together on a switch, but this is in a slide, sooo.... trying fish wires down the side wall in the slide won't be easy and may not even be possible with the window in the slide, metal framing and foam insulation. If I decide to tackle this, I would probably change out the lights to the puck lights and look at adding the switch under the cabinet - similar to how the lights are over the rear couch. Not as ideal as on the wall, but at least would be dimmable and would look the same as the ones over the couch.

I will be following this one to see how you make out!

Cheers!
                    Ken & Sandra
                    2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

great idea might be easer putting switch up by the light
                      2021 Reflection 303RLS
                      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 Dennis with the 3 wire dimmer, you will connect the negative with the negative from the battery and the negative from the light. The positive wire from the battery will then tie to one of the leads on the dimmer, and the other wire will go out to the light.

Sorry it took me a bit to fully understand the question.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks for the info
                          2021 Reflection 303RLS
                          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

wireless dimmer. module goes in the ceiling at the first light in series, you can mount the switch anywhere. they are on amazon; search 12 volt wireless dimmer. If you have an existing wall switch, it would now function as before. If you don't, now you will.
                            Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
                            2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
                            2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
                            2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
                            Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

wow doesn't get and easer then that, will order one
                              2021 Reflection 303RLS
                              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X