Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I run Cpap off of my batteries while boon docking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I run Cpap off of my batteries while boon docking?

My wife and I purchased a xplor 245 recently. We were clear to the dealer that we wanted battery/solar for the explicit use of being able to use my cpap machine on battery. They said I would be able to do so. Well to make a long story short I discovered that none of the plug ins work while using just battery and solar. So know we cant even charge our phones let alone use my cpap. What can I do as a solution? This really effects our plans as to the type of sites we can camp at now.

Digzoom , I did a search on ‘cpap’, maybe one of these threads would help you.
    https://gdrvowners.com/search?search...%7D&btnSubmit=
    Andi
    Brookings SD
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by Digzoom View Post
      My wife and I purchased a xplor 245 recently. We were clear to the dealer that we wanted battery/solar for the explicit use of being able to use my cpap machine on battery. They said I would be able to do so. Well to make a long story short I discovered that none of the plug ins work while using just battery and solar. So know we cant even charge our phones let alone use my cpap. What can I do as a solution? This really effects our plans as to the type of sites we can camp at now.
      Everything you need to know is here. This is a DYI install
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom

In your case I would put the fuse block on the ceiling of the pass through and run wires through the wall into the two beside lower cabinets or higher up on the wall below the lights. With the beside lights removed you should have access to install the power plugs. GD wiring is not strong enough with the other loads to handle CPAP's

Hope this helps
      Keith
      Last edited by Yoda; 09-13-2021, 10:25 PM.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Recently purchased 2022 260RD. I have a similar need, only for pace maker monitor and have been doing some research. If you are plugged into the power company, no problem. To get A/C to run your CPAP from the batteries when not plugged in, you'll need an inverter to convert the DC to AC. You will also need a transfer switch to isolate the AC circuit(s) (from inverter) from the AC supplied from the power company. The transfer switch allows only one or the other source to the switched circuit(s). You need to know how much power (in watts) you'll be using on the switched AC circuits for your CPAP and any other devices used to determine the size of the inverter. Your unit has a "converter" which converts AC to DC. An "inverter" converts DC to AC. I suspect you will need more than 1 12vdc battery. I intend to add solar and use 4 6vdc AGM batteries wired to become a 12vdc source. Good luck.

Additonal Info: At the InvertorStore, there's a 2KW inverter with built in transfer switch supporting 25Amps. If plugged into shore power it's an A/C passthrough and does not have to be on. When unplugged you can turn it on remotely and it will draw off the battery(s), converting to 120AC pure sine wave output. It's a bit pricey but it will work for me, I believe.
        Last edited by Grt520; 09-14-2021, 07:52 PM. Reason: Additional info:

Comment

For your phone charging...... You may have already discovered that you can use the USB ports in the rig to charge your phones. You don't need that transformer which usually has a USB plug in. The transformer is good when plugged into AC. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Grt520 View Post
            Recently purchased 2022 260RD. I have a similar need, only for pace maker monitor and have been doing some research. If you are plugged into the power company, no problem. To get A/C to run your CPAP from the batteries when not plugged in, you'll need an inverter to convert the DC to AC. You will also need a transfer switch to isolate the AC circuit(s) (from inverter) from the AC supplied from the power company. The transfer switch allows only one or the other source to the switched circuit(s). You need to know how much power (in watts) you'll be using on the switched AC circuits for your CPAP and any other devices used to determine the size of the inverter. Your unit has a "converter" which converts AC to DC. An "inverter" converts DC to AC. I suspect you will need more than 1 12vdc battery. I intend to add solar and use 4 6vdc AGM batteries wired to become a 12vdc source. Good luck.
            You don't need 120V AC and/or an inverter to run a CPAP. Every manufacturer makes a 12V to 24V adapter to run the units (some call it a car adapter). All you need is a 12V power point plug. No inverter is needed. See post #1 of this thread for the adapter I am talking about. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...wer-in-bedroom

Hope this helps
            Keith
            2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X