Dimmer control on the awning LED lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimmer control on the awning LED lights

On my 2021 303rls the awning lights are way to bright has anyone attached a dimmer to them kinda like what you would do with the recliner lights? I ordered the dimmer with remote for those lights would that work on the awning lights? I know there is some concern with the One Control
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    On my 2021 303rls the awning lights are way to bright has anyone attached a dimmer to them kinda like what you would do with the recliner lights? I ordered the dimmer with remote for those lights would that work on the awning lights? I know there is some concern with the One Control
    There is a thread here discussing it a ways back, as I recall it's not easily possible with one control unless you can tap into the wiring after it leaves the one control board.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I have one on mine with guidance most likely from the thread Neil mentioned above. A gentleman with the first name Marty has a video on YouTube and makes the hole adapters for the control center hole.
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      SE Texas

Comment

A couple of links I found in a search

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...compassconnect

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-awning-lights

Bill & Cindy
        2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

great info thanks
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 -- for clarification, "Marty's" dimmer switch setup will not work in your CompassConnect (CC)-equipped trailer. The dimmers (and faceplate) work great in legacy trailers (pre-CC) but as Neil mentioned the dimmer circuit must be installed somewhere on the output side of the CC control board.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That sucks sounds to easy
              2021 Reflection 303RLS
              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
              X