Power terminal block on 200MK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power terminal block on 200MK

Having just added a second battery to my 200MK, I got a good look at where all the 12V power gets distributed... on this rather dirty terminal post on the inside of the tongue. Is this standard practice to have this terminal post just out in the elements? Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminal Block.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	65957
    Attached Files
    - Eric P. (2021 Transcend XPLOR 200MK)

Yes that is the way that the TT's are made, sorry that it is not the best. There are some water proof boxes that you could install to curb this problem. Our previous TT was the same , another brand, and worked fine for the 8 years that we had it. I also think that I have seen some with a red rubber cover.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We bought a new 200MK last month. I had found exactly what you're talking about during my early days of crawling over under around the thru inspecting. I had the selling dealer install a second lead acid battery, and I was checking for quality of wiring, and to see where everything routed. I was kind of surprised to see both pos and neg leads fastened to the frame rail, not more than four inches apart. Seems like asking for trouble.

But everything works just fine. I can see that the pos attachment has what appears to be an isolating block between it and the frame rail.
      Ruth and Patrick
      2022 Transcend 200MK
      2021 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4

Comment

KrustyKush That isolating block is most likely a self resetting breaker. Get a good picture of it an post to confirm. Side note, you may want to keep one in reserve should that one fail. They do not seem to fail often, but when they start failing the create headaches.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X