Replacing Lead Acid Battery with Lithium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to update this thread as well.

There were plenty of hints to and "not needed" in regards to the Multiplus 2 but that has gone by the way side.

I went with 2 more batteries in the spring, May 2022, and then acquired 2 more batteries so a total of 6 now. I know you are thinking what would you need 630 ah of battery power for? Well, the first 2 batteries performed great but I was not confident in them lasting much longer than 3 or 4 days with the furnace running so I decided that 2 more were needed to have a little extra power, Tim Allen fits here. About the same time I came across a deal on 2 more and could not pass it up which that resulted in the Multiplus 2 and 2 more solar panels, larger solar controller and so on. This whole system has worked really well for us and has opened up more and some unique camping opportunities.

Back to the 630 ah, This does seem like alot but 420 would have been fine. Having a lot of extra battery power is great when needed on our recent trip we did not have to run the generator at all, the neighbors ran theirs quite often and one ran it all night long. Having all the needed power is great, a little expensive but worth it to me.

I realize it is not for all but the Lithium upgrade even at one battery is well worth it.

Brian

Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X