Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obiwan1750DHS View Post
    If Megan can still make wiring plans GDRV-Megan

Walter Davis, new member, first RV, its a Reflection 312BHTS; VIN 573TR3727J3314393
    I would really appreciate a wiring diagram for the rig? I am a circuit follower and need a diagram.
    I'm having a 120vac outlet problem and need to find the GFCI's to check.
    Thank you so much.

Walt Davis
    We do not have wiring diagrams or plans. We only have a generic/basica prints that may not match completely to what is in your unit due to these units being man-made. If you send me an email, I can try to dig up some info for you. Please send to smservice@granddesignrv.com attn: Megan. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Murlyn View Post
      I have a 2022 momentum 21g.
      got it all set up and 2 days later most of my electrical outlets stopped working. Tried resetting one of two gfci outlets that actually have a reset and it failed. Any thoughts or tips?
      My only other suggestion is to fully remover the covers from your power distribution panel (all power off and disconected from 30A shore) When the cover is off you should see something like this
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0539s.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.8 KB ID:	68316
      The wiring on the left is 120V. Look for any loose wires - check screw tightness. With the cover off you can also remove the breakers and inspect (they pop/twist out. The wiring on the right is all 12V. Again do not take this cover off with 120V power on. Nothing on the 12V side can hurt you (unless you short out the mains - black/white top wired and red/black below) so you can leave the batterys connected.

Good luck
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This is where a good meter comes into play. If you are not comfortable working around live 120VAC STOP......

Pull the GFCI where it's accessible and SAFE but still connected. With the power to the circuit on, check for incoming voltage to the brass (black wire) and silver (white wire). If you have power on the incoming side (usually marked line), move to the load side. I suggest checking across the line and load sides for voltage, i.e. use neutral on the line side and hot on the load side.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have a 2021 reflection 315 RLTS. Had an issue with about 5 outlets not working. It was an intermittent problem, then they stopped working completely. I found that the outlet in the water hookup area, the outlet with the flap over it, had a hot wire come loose. Outlets are the kind that wiring pushes into a sqeeze point. Very cheap idea. Replaced the outlet with type that the wires screw into it. This is an outlet that has wiring coming into it and then leaving it to go to other outlets. Might want to check or replace all of them if it has this type of outlet. There is nothing to really solid to hold the wiring in place. Wiring can come loose very easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kiefer View Post
            I have a 2021 reflection 315 RLTS. Had an issue with about 5 outlets not working. It was an intermittent problem, then they stopped working completely. I found that the outlet in the water hookup area, the outlet with the flap over it, had a hot wire come loose. Outlets are the kind that wiring pushes into a sqeeze point. Very cheap idea. Replaced the outlet with type that the wires screw into it. This is an outlet that has wiring coming into it and then leaving it to go to other outlets. Might want to check or replace all of them if it has this type of outlet. There is nothing to really solid to hold the wiring in place. Wiring can come loose very easily.
            Hi Chuck--always impresses me when a new member's first post is a contribution to the knowledge base of the forum. So first--thanks!

Second, please take a moment and check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

-A fellow 315RLTS Owner
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, Howson. A new development. I was still having trouble with the outlet for the TV and both outlets inside the closet of my 315rlts. While troubleshooting,I turned off the breakers for the washer and dryer since I didn't plan on using those appliances. Low and behold, the breaker for the washer also controls the outlet for the TV and the outlet opposite side of the closet where the washer hooks up! It would be very nice if wiring schematics were available for the do it yourselfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Kiefer View Post
                Thanks, Howson. A new development. I was still having trouble with the outlet for the TV and both outlets inside the closet of my 315rlts. While troubleshooting,I turned off the breakers for the washer and dryer since I didn't plan on using those appliances. Low and behold, the breaker for the washer also controls the outlet for the TV and the outlet opposite side of the closet where the washer hooks up! It would be very nice if wiring schematics were available for the do it yourselfer.
                yep--very odd arrangement for the wiring in our trailers. That's why I mapped mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlet to CB OEM.JPG
Views:	2030
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	76589
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                X