Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlets not working

I have a 2022 momentum 21g.
    got it all set up and 2 days later most of my electrical outlets stopped working. Tried resetting one of two gfci outlets that actually have a reset and it failed. Any thoughts or tips?

Originally posted by Murlyn View Post
    got it all set up and 2 days later most of my electrical outlets stopped working. Tried resetting one of two gfci outlets that actually have a reset and it failed. Any thoughts or tips?
    Welcome to the forum Murlyn.

As you already have found, many of the outlets in your 21G are GFCI protected. I pulled the drawings for your unit, and it appears that breaker number five is a GFCI breaker. Try turning it completely off, then back on. And if that doesn't solve it, try turning off all the breakers and then back on. Sometimes, they are not labeled correctly.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

By failed do you mean the GFCI is tripped and it won't reset? If so then you've either got a ground fault (somewhere between that outlet and the end of the run) or a bad outlet. I'd unplug everything from the run (should be all the outside outlets and the ones near the kitchen and bathroom sinks) and see if it will reset then.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

So I found the breaker for the living room after I switched the gfci from the bathroom to the living room. I replaced the gfci in the bathroom with a new one but still no power in the bathroom or outside outlets. I’ve tried resetting all breakers but am having no luck.

Comment

So I found the breaker for the living room after I switched the gfci from the bathroom to the living room. I replaced the gfci in the bathroom with a new one but still no power in the bathroom or outside outlets. I’ve tried resetting all breakers but am having no luck.
          Is there a GFCI in the pass thru storage or front storage area? Do you have an Inverter that may need switched off or the transfer switch is not working?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I am not sure what level of electrical troubleshooting you are comfortable with, but do you have a meter? If so check if you have voltage coming into the GFCI outlet. If so then that outlet should have power as long as the GFCI is not tripped. If it trips, then there is a ground fault issue you need to track down. If you do not have power coming into the outlet then check at the breaker and see if you have power there. If you have it at the breaker, but not going into the GFCI then you are looking for a break in the wire between the two.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Make sure the shore power cord if fully engaged, twisted tight to the inlet connector.
              Ted
              2021 Reflection 310RLS
              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Murlyn - if none of your outlets are actively working, and all suddenly stopped working at the same time, I would check your power source. Like TedS suggested, check that your power plug is fully connected, and that the pedestal has is powered up. Are any of your AC powered devices working? Can you fire up the air conditioning, or run your fridge on AC power? That should help you isolate of it's an outlet issue or a supply issue.
                2019 Imagine 2400BH
                2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Murlyn If you are on a 50A service, trip the breaker at the pedestal and turn it back on. I have seen a few double pole (and singles) breakers that would not not show trip or trip the other half of the doubles.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

I have turned off and back on all breakers. There is no outlet in storage. The only outlets affected are the bathroom and two outside outlets. All other outlets are working.
                    I don’t have a meter so I’m unable at this time to check for power at the bathroom gfci.
                    The power cord is fully connected and this unit is 30A.
                    it’s very strange to me because the bathroom worked before I switched the gfci to the living room. I’ve purchased 2 different gfci outlets and neither have worked. I’m sure there is something I’m missing just have to figure out what it is.

Comment

Murlyn I think a meter is needed to troubleshoot any further, we need to know if you've got voltage going into the GFCI.

Neil Citro

Comment

I have turned off and back on all breakers. There is no outlet in storage. The only outlets affected are the bathroom and two outside outlets. All other outlets are working.
                        I don’t have a meter so I’m unable at this time to check for power at the bathroom gfci.
                        The power cord is fully connected and this unit is 30A.
                        it’s very strange to me because the bathroom worked before I switched the gfci to the living room. I’ve purchased 2 different gfci outlets and neither have worked. I’m sure there is something I’m missing just have to figure out what it is.
                        You say you switched the GFCI to the living room? Is the bath on the same circuit? You cant have two GFCI's on the same circuit as far as I know. I am assuming you reset the GFCI after installing.
                        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Murlyn I'm having the same issue, in my 2018 GD Reflection 312BHTS. the floor 120vac outlets from front to rear all quit, and I'm seeking the GFCI for that circuit to reset. Haven't found it yet.

Best of luck, and please share the solution.

Obiwan1750DHS

Comment

If Megan can still make wiring plans GDRV-Megan

Walter Davis, new member, first RV, its a Reflection 312BHTS; VIN 573TR3727J3314393
                            I would really appreciate a wiring diagram for the rig? I am a circuit follower and need a diagram.
                            I'm having a 120vac outlet problem and need to find the GFCI's to check.
                            Thank you so much.

Walt Davis

Comment

For myself, I would begin replacing gfci receptacles with standard ones to eliminate the gfci as the frustrating possible problem. Then search for the feed common to the non-working circuits and possible fault in that feed. An ohm meter or a signal tracer would be useful to identify outlets on the same circuit. When disconnected from power sources, the neutral wire should not show continuity with the ground wire.
                              Ted
                              2021 Reflection 310RLS
                              2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Working...
                              X