GFCI plug has no power coming to it in Solitude st345GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFCI plug has no power coming to it in Solitude st345GK

We are living in our Solitude while building a new house. Unit is only 6 months or so old.

The GFCI outlet popped and would not reset. I assume it had just died. Bought a new one and when I pulled the factory one out to check for power, so I could determine correct circuit breaker, I discovered that it had no 110 voltage coming into it. Have tried resetting any of the circuit breakers that could be the source for this outlet. No change. All non-GFCI outlets work fine. What type of circuit breaker, etc, could be upstream of this outlet that is cutting off power to it?

Short term we can use extension cords...Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks Chuck

It looks like you have 5 GFCI receptacles, 2 at the kitchen island, one in the bath , one on each side of the pass thru storage. I am not sure if these are all resettable or if some are on the same circuit. Let us know which one you are having the issue with. You may have to check all of the receptacles in the whole coach to see that they all have power, there should be one behind the water heater which will be behind the nautilus panel area.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

All of those receptacles have GFCI labels but only the bathroom is an actual GFCI outlet--i.e. it has the test and reset buttons. The others do not. Where is the electric water heater outlet? Fount the propane one, but never found the electric one. My electric heater appears to be on and working.

Comment

If you have the on demand water heater there may not be a receptacle behind it, but the receptacle will be behind the rear wall of the pass thru on the water heater side, there are a few screws that attach the wall at the ends.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for your help so far…

Found the inverter, per another chain. There weren’t any circuit breakers but there was a GFCI outlet which was tripped. It would not reset, nor would it power up when I pressed the power button.

I tried turning off all circuit breakers and then main power. Waited a minute of two and reset all them. Still no luck fixing the GFCI outlets.

Is there some other switch for the inverter, or does this mean the inverter is bad?

Thanks Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by chuckschafer View Post
            Thank you for your help so far…

Found the inverter, per another chain. There weren’t any circuit breakers but there was a GFCI outlet which was tripped. It would not reset, nor would it power up when I pressed the power button.

I tried turning off all circuit breakers and then main power. Waited a minute of two and reset all them. Still no luck fixing the GFCI outlets.

Is there some other switch for the inverter, or does this mean the inverter is bad?

Thanks Chuck

I totally powered down the entire unit and disconnected shore power. Waited 15 seconds and then reconnected all systems. The invertor now lights up showing 13.5 and then 0 alternating on display. There is 120 showing on the plug which is its output.

GCFI circuit is still down.

per another thread, I looked behind the wall in the basement storage area--no panel there

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckschafer View Post
              We are living in our Solitude while building a new house. Unit is only 6 months or so old.

The GFCI outlet popped and would not reset. I assume it had just died. Bought a new one and when I pulled the factory one out to check for power, so I could determine correct circuit breaker, I discovered that it had no 110 voltage coming into it. Have tried resetting any of the circuit breakers that could be the source for this outlet. No change. All non-GFCI outlets work fine. What type of circuit breaker, etc, could be upstream of this outlet that is cutting off power to it?

Short term we can use extension cords...Any ideas or help would be appreciated!

Thanks Chuck
              What year is you solitude ? There was a Mollex 120V connector recall on some units. They tie the romex style wire to flexible cable for the slides (search mollex) Its possible that one has gone bad, causing the short you GFIC is seeing. Might be something to check. The mollex (size of a deck of cards) will be located inside the frame where the slide wiring passes through.

Also if you have a multi meter you can pull the GFIC outlet (power off) and pull the down stream wires off and check both sides for a short. If you find a short upstream it means it is between the outlet and distribution box. if downstream (wires you pulled off), it means its further along the run. You looking for short between the black wire (hot) and white (neutral) or ground wire (green or plain copper). Also check between the white (neutral) and ground too. I believe a short between them will trip the GFIC too. Just pull the next one, disconnect the wires and check until you find the run with the short. It also could just be a loose wire at one of the receptacles too. Again only do this with all power off.

Hope this helps
              Keith
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

What year is you solitude ? There was a Mollex 120V connector recall on some units. They tie the romex style wire to flexible cable for the slides (search mollex) Its possible that one has gone bad, causing the short you GFIC is seeing. Might be something to check. The mollex (size of a deck of cards) will be located inside the frame where the slide wiring passes through.

Also if you have a multi meter you can pull the GFIC outlet (power off) and pull the down stream wires off and check both sides for a short. If you find a short upstream it means it is between the outlet and distribution box. if downstream (wires you pulled off), it means its further along the run. You looking for short between the black wire (hot) and white (neutral) or ground wire (green or plain copper). Also check between the white (neutral) and ground too. I believe a short between them will trip the GFIC too. Just pull the next one, disconnect the wires and check until you find the run with the short. It also could just be a loose wire at one of the receptacles too. Again only do this with all power off.

Hope this helps
                Keith
                I think you are getting a little beyond my skills. Will probably have to get a professional to service it.

thanks Chuck

Comment

chuckschafer Excuse me for being tardy to your party.

Welcome to the Family and the forum!
                  Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                  Nash County, NC
                  2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Problem solved! While looking for a plastic dish we found another circuit breaker box in cabinet over the couch. We had looked everywhere in the “basement” area but never thought to search cabinets over the couch!

thanks to everyone for their help!

Comment

Working...
                    X