Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory Inverter shuts off after 15 mins or so while on the road for no known reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory Inverter shuts off after 15 mins or so while on the road for no known reason

Hello,

We have a 2021 Momentum 397TH-R with the factory solar package and inverter. I recently upgraded the batteries to battle born (x2) and converter/charger. During our recent trip from WA to AZ, the inverter would power the rig (fridge was the only thing running) for about 15 mins and then shut off on its own. I would go to the next stop, turn on the inverter switch in the storage bay, get the green light, fridge running and all is well for about 10-15 min and it would shut off. Do I have a bad inverter or is there something Im missing (hoping for the latter). Thanks in advance

Does it do the same thing when parked but not on shore power? Are you monitoring the batteries to see if they are doing anything odd or is there any error indication on the inverter?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Hi John. I have not tested that yet. We just arrived and will test that this weekend. I was monitoring the batteries while on the road with the Victron battery monitor and all was going well until it just shut off.

Comment

Welcome to the family and the forum!

Have you checked for a loose connection somewhere? If it is only doing it traveling, that may be a problem.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X