Adding paralell batteries to my Solitude 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding paralell batteries to my Solitude 310GK

I have a 2020 Solitude 310GK which only has a single battery. I want to replace that with a bank of four batteries wired in a balanced parallel fashion, but not sure if the factory installed battery charger can handle the extra load. Does anyone know what the make and model is of the factory installed charger?

The factory charger/converter is most likely a 55 amp version. If you are going with Lithium batteries you would be better off with a Lithium compatible charger/converter. If you are staying with wet cell batteries then the stock charger/converter would be fine.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have a WFCO 55 amp charger and when I used it, I had never seen over 10 amps at the lead acid type battery while charging. With a battery swap to lithium and a dedicated charger for lithium, I see 55 amps at the battery while charging. Its best to use a dedicated charger for lithium and investigate if a better charger is available if staying with lead acid.

Jim

Comment

Thanks to both of you, I appriciate the input!

Comment

The factory charger/converter doesn't care how many batteries you have. it will only put out so much (around 10-15 amps) for charging.
          The rest is available for the RV. If you aren't using a lot of DC power, you might squeak out a few more amps for charging.
          If you have 4 batteries, it while be distributed proportionally across them.
          The load on your RV will determine how fast they discharge.
          You can only use half of the rated capacity on your Lead batteries, so if it's rated at 140Ah then you get to use 70Ah before it's done.
          If your charger is putting out 10 amps, then it will take about 7 hours to charge it back up.

If you're using more than 70Ah a day on battery, the you need an additional charger to get full power for the next evening, or run your generator longer.
          Care to expand on why you need 4 batteries?
          2021 Momentum 25G
          2018 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn
          2009 Honda VTX 1300T

Comment

JB's 310Gk Welcome to the family and the forum!
            Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X