Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 21BHE: Loose wires under bathroom sink

Hello all,

I was investigating a water leak under the bathroom sink (loose fitting) and found these wires. Two very thin wires coming out of the wall (one white, one black) and two pairs of wires running along the wall, back towards the shower. The pairs of wires are stuck together, like a standard 110V lamp cord. One pair is all white. The other pair is black with a white stripe. The all-white pair is wire-nutted to the thin white wire coming out of the wall. The black pair has a wire nut, but the thin black wire is not connected. I assume they should be, but I don't know what the wires do. Does anyone have any idea?

I know a picture says 1000 words, so I've included a pic. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    SirCochese

SirCochese Welcome to the family and the forum!
    Please excuse my being late to welcome you but I haven’t been able keep up with anything but life for the last month.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with at least a WAG at it. Hopefully somebody with a similar floorplan will be able to help.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

SirCochese

Yes those wires should be connected, white to white , black to black. That is not a wire nut but a crimp nut. You will have to cut the wires to remove and re-splice together with a wire nut or the preferred method of a butt connector. Please unhook from shore power and disconnect the positive battery cable when working on any electrical in the RV. I am sure there is a light or something that is not working at the other end of those wires.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Your floorplan layout is the same as ours in regards to the bathroom position and arrangement. I'm going to guess that connection is for the light above the dump valve. We've never used that light, so I could see how it was never noticed being inoperable
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
        X