Armored wheel wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored wheel wells

Finally completed one of my “to do” projects! I followed another one of @TusconJim projects and added 1/8 aluminum sheets on the bottom of the floor above the tire areas. While I no longer have the Westland tires, the damage from a tire failure can be catastrophic so hopefully this will help if we have any problems in the future.
    Rick & B
    2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
    2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

Nicely done Rick! When I did mine, I used stainless steel plate. That was really pricey. I should have used aluminum.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks Jim. See you in Quartzsite at the rally.
      Rick & B
      2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
      2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

Comment

Originally posted by Hawgwild View Post
        Finally completed one of my “to do” projects! I followed another one of @TusconJim projects and added 1/8 aluminum sheets on the bottom of the floor above the tire areas. While I no longer have the Westland tires, the damage from a tire failure can be catastrophic so hopefully this will help if we have any problems in the future.
        Rick - how did you secure them in place? I don't see many screws in your photos.
        Thanks
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Hi Keith,
          Sorry for my late response. I secured them with 1" self tapping screws into the frame rail etc. I really didn't use too many. Maybe 6 to 8 for each side.

Cheers
          Rick & B
          2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4

Comment

Very nice!!! Looks really clean!

(edit: asked a question before clicking on the photo for a better view )
            Phil & Jenn | North Central WA
            2022 Reflection, 31MB (Pkg's: Power, Arctic, 2nd AC, Solar)
            2021 F350 Tremor, 6.7L Diesel, SRW

Comment

Working...
            X