Bedroom Slide Interior Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Slide Interior Lights

We have a 2021 337RLS Reflection and the lights over the bed are not working. There isn’t power to the light fixtures. I have purple and white wires to the lights but haven’t found where they come from. Does anyone know the path of the wires and/or where they connect to the electrical system?
    Attached Files

Here is one of the threads that may lead you to your problem. Convenience Center / Control Panel Fuse Blowing - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com) see post 13.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Common issue, the wires are under the false floor in the underbed storage area. The power for the blue exterior lights under the bed slide is there also. Hardest part of the repair is removing all the stuff in the storage area. I replaced the connectors with standard butt splices since they were a little thinner. There is a limited space under the false floor and once the base settles a little bit the false floor drags on the wires and pulls them loose.
      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Thanks. So I am clear, are you saying the bottom of the bed storage needs to be removed to access the wiring?

Comment

Brian, thanks for the link which is very informative.

Comment

Yes, there is a false floor under the bed. If I recall its only 6 screws or so.

This is what you will find under the panel. Once the bed settles the panel will drag on this monkey fist of wires and pop the connector apart.

I repaired mine using 12ga butt connectors and added a couple more zip ties that had the screw holes in them in order to keep the wires snug against the carpet.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by familytruckster4; 10-20-2021, 08:59 AM.
            2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

I have a 2022 337RLS that also had the bedroom slide-out external blue LEDs and the lights above the bed fail. Thanks for the information on how to fix. I did rebuild the frame under the bed so that the casters would stay aligned and provide better support for the false bottom.
              Last edited by LAHS75; 05-15-2022, 06:10 PM.
              Mark & Val
              2022 Reflection 337RLS
              2020 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4X4 Long Bed

Comment

Originally posted by LAHS75 View Post
                I have a 2022 337RLS that also had the bedroom slide-out external blue LEDs and the lights above the bed fail. Thanks for the information on how to fix. I did rebuild the frame under the bed so that the casters would stay aligned and provide better support for the false bottom.
                Glad the forum helped you out. Noted that was your first post, so please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My 7.5 amp Power Center fuse is now blowing because I must have connected the wires under the bed incorrectly. The pink/white and purple/white wires attached in parallel to white wires were totally disconnected so I don't know how they were wired. Does anyone know the correct way to connect these 4 wires?
                  Mark & Val
                  2022 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by LAHS75 View Post
                    My 7.5 amp Power Center fuse is now blowing because I must have connected the wires under the bed incorrectly. The pink/white and purple/white wires attached in parallel to white wires were totally disconnected so I don't know how they were wired. Does anyone know the correct way to connect these 4 wires?
                    Always verify polarity (using a multimeter or non-contact voltage sensor) before hooking up wires in an RV. Normally the solid white wires are the negative (return), but it's no guarantee.

Look at post 2 in this thread and Country Campers provided a link to another thread that has a picture of how it is wired.

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Got the bedroom slide out wiring under the bed storage area fixed per the attached diagram and instructions.
                      Attached Files
                      Mark & Val
                      2022 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

New here. Appreciate the wealth of knowledge here that helped me solve this issue. Thought I would post a few picks of my solution. I used butt connectors and the same type of screw down zip ties. This brought the connection down into the carpet such that I could pass my hand over it without catching. The wiring diagram posted here made life easy, as several of the wires were disconnected. The issue with mine was not enough length and/or profile. It was catching the bedframe with the slide in.

Comment

Working...
                        X