Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are microwaves on a dedicated circuit

Hi
    I have a 2017 imagine 2150. The microwave quit working and I lost power to the plug. The breaker has power coming out of it and I have continuity on the neutral and ground. The power wire is open. The wire comes out of the electrical panel and then thru the floor and the wire at the microwave goes into the headliner.
    If the microwave is on a dedicated circuit I’ll just drop a circuit down the side of the cabinet to the electrical panel, there is already several low and hi voltage wires routed there. Everything else seems to have power with the breaker off

Thanks
    Kendall

Yes it should be on its own circuit, labeled in the breaker panel. You might find when you dismantle the outlet that the wires may not be making contact, these are not the best outlets. I would remove the outlet and check the wires before running a new wire.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I agree with Brian.
      While a wire could be compromised, far more faults are found at termination points. Check the plug first.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

I did disassemble the outlet, The terminals pretty much fell apart when removing the wires, I definitely have an open circuit.

Thanks for the help
        Kendall

Comment

It turns out the breaker panel is mislabeled and the microwave breaker is the one above the label. A few minuets wit a labeler and everything will be correct

Kendall

Comment

Originally posted by Kendall View Post
            It turns out the breaker panel is mislabeled and the microwave breaker is the one above the label. A few minuets wit a labeler and everything will be correct

Kendall
            Mine was too. Fridge and micro were reversed.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Kendall It's not uncommon to find that the labels are off. It appears that they run them through a printer then stick the whole thing on there. There are pictures on here of labels that are clearly not intended for the box they are on, also pictures of stickers that are not aligned with the breakers with the first one not lining up or the label being longer than the stack of breakers.
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
              X