No announcement yet.

2022 Momentum 21G Solar inverter circuit info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the 2000W inverter and just installed it earlier this afternoon. It's a lot bigger and barely fit....had to grind off the foot underneath where it says Pure Sine Wave Inverter to get it to fit. Installed the two screws holding down the prior 1000W inverter on opposite diagonal sides of the new inverter. Only two screws were used by the factory before and the new inverter seems to be pretty secure with just those two screws...especially since its wedged in there.

I tested the 2000W inverter running a grinder off the batteries. Pulled 60amps on the 12v side according to the Victron BMV-712 and everything worked great!

The transfer switch is in the picture, so it was installed behind the front storage panel. The inverter plugs directly into it.
    Attached Files
    Dan M.
    2022 Momentum 23G
    2019 F250 6.7L

Comment

74barrio

what Rolex wire runs back to the breaker panel the blue one?
      Last edited by howson; 04-01-2022, 01:33 PM. Reason: Fixed tag...

Comment

Originally posted by Drhj2003 View Post
        74barrio

what Rolex wire runs back to the breaker panel the blue one?
        Drhj2003 Looking at the diagram acoleman43 posted on the previous page I think the blue one goes to the main breaker panel and the other black one goes to the subpanel. I did not install that transfer switch or the wiring so I can only go by the picture and the diagram
        Dan M.
        2022 Momentum 23G
        2019 F250 6.7L

Comment

74barrio Here's a basic diagram showing how the factory should have wired the inverter into the system with the transfer switch. I hope this helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	CSW-TS15.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	81216
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I’m still in over my
            head with my 21G even after reading all of this. We have a 2020. We were told it was the “upgraded solar” but didn’t say 175 or 300. It does have an inverter switch. How do I figure out which one we have? If it’s 175 watt I imagine it just tops off battery and keeps fridge running and to keep kill switch on the ON position unless we’re storing right? If its the 300 watt ( one can hope) do I still keep the kill switch on at all times and hit the inverter switch as long as we’re not connected to shore power and boon docking? I’ve been on YouTube for weeks and the stupid owners manual doesn’t even have info on the solar. Such a “luxury” brand but they don’t make it user friendly at all

Comment

bakedsweet@yahoo.com Welcome to the forum! Its normally not the best idea to use an email as your forum name, bots crawl the site and can generate spam and it makes it tough for members to tag you. Myself or another moderator can change it for you, just PM one of us with what you would like and we would be glad to.

Meanwhile to your question, the easiest way to to go up on the roof and check. I think the Furrion panels say on the side what size they are. Failing that take measurements of length and width and post back and we can let you know. The 300 watt panel is physically larger than the 175. As far as use it should be the same, the bigger panel will just provide more amp-hr back into your batteries in a day. Best to just think of the solar panels as another way to charge your batteries. Your devices run off the battery (or inverter which in turn runs off the battery) and the solar recharges the battery. I would keep the inverter turned off until you need it. It has a parasitic draw and will use some of your batteries when on even if not using any 110V devices.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

I would add to make sure that the battery switch is "ON" , key can not be removed, when you are on shore power as well as solar, check the battery to make sure that there is charge coming from the solar controller and the converter/charger (when on shore power). Sometimes these are wired in different ways so always good to check and make sure.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by bakedsweet@yahoo.com View Post
                  I’m still in over my
                  head with my 21G even after reading all of this. We have a 2020. We were told it was the “upgraded solar” but didn’t say 175 or 300. It does have an inverter switch. How do I figure out which one we have? If it’s 175 watt I imagine it just tops off battery and keeps fridge running and to keep kill switch on the ON position unless we’re storing right? If its the 300 watt ( one can hope) do I still keep the kill switch on at all times and hit the inverter switch as long as we’re not connected to shore power and boon docking? I’ve been on YouTube for weeks and the stupid owners manual doesn’t even have info on the solar. Such a “luxury” brand but they don’t make it user friendly at all
                  The 300W panel is 65" x 39". The 175W panel is 59" x 27".

We have the 300W panel and two 100AH AGM batteries. the 300W panel always kept our batteries topped off. There was only one instance where it did not....we installed a 12V fridge and forgot to plug into shore power. the batteries lasted about 6 hours with the fridge, cell phones charging, computer charging.....and night time (no sun).

The 175W should keep your battery topped off nicely in normal conditions.

As far as the inverter, I think Neil and Brian gave sound advice. Turn on the inverter when you need it. When you don't need it, turn it off. That's exactly what we do.

Also, your main DC, battery cut-off switch in the wet bay should be turned to on for the inverter to work. THe inverter cut-off switch in the front exterior storage bay should also be on when the inverter is used.
                  Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
                  X