New here, switching to Lithium 2022 momentum 21G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post

Thanks for that! You wouldn’t happen to have a wiring diagram that shows this would you? That is exactly my plan and I will get around to putting one together but the last few days I have a brand new 3 month old baby boy attached to me while mom is at work. I’m a firefighter by trade and go to work for 48 hours at a time. I need to get back to work so I can get some of this done 🤣🤣🤣
    No wiring diagram from Grad Designs is accurate for your specific rig. You just have to "trial and error" your way around.

Congrats on the kid. They grow up fast so enjoy them while they still like you

I hope this attachment works.....this is what I'm working on currently.

Attached Files
    Last edited by acoleman43; 11-24-2021, 07:14 PM.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Can anyone tell me what charger/converter comes standard in the 21G? Or at least if it’s a single stage vs “smart” charger?
      I believe that Grand Design has been installing a Progressive Dynamics PD9160 model which is 60 amps but is not Lithium compatible. All converter/chargers will charge Lithium but not a full charge, around 90% seems to be a number that I see often.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Can anyone tell me what charger/converter comes standard in the 21G? Or at least if it’s a single stage vs “smart” charger?
        In my 2021 21G I have a WFCO WF-8955PEC. It is an AC panel, DC panel, charger and converter all-in-one unit. If your 21G doesn't have this unit, you have one very similar to it. I'm sure it's an all-in-one unit.
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I just picked up a 21G and am hoping to accomplish the same thing you are looking to do. My previous Coachmen Adrenaline was wired with a Victron Mulitplus 3000 inverter charger, a Victron 50 amp solar MPPT charger and 4x100Ah Battelborn lithium batteries with 480 watts of solar. I made a wiring diagram as I built it and will attached it if that helps. As others have stated, the stock converter is unnecessary since the Multiplus does an excellent job of charging, I simply disconnected mine and left it in place. I'll post a pic of the Adrenaline setup that I want to duplicate (nevermind the 2K Multiplus and 30 amp charger, I got upgrade fever when I added solar and batteries )

As far as fitting all this in the 21G, I'm going to be closely monitoring everyones progress to get ideas. My Adrenaline was prepped for a generator but I never needed one, so I simply used the generator space for the Victron stuff and stuck the batteries in a space under the bed, hoping to maybe take advantage of the gen space in the 21G also.

I'm really looking forward to sharing my progress this next Spring. Good luck on your project!

Dave
          Attached Files
          Dave and Anna
          Grand Rapids, MI
          2022 Momentum 21G
          2024 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4

Comment

Just thought I would share my completed conversion to Lithium / Victron / Solar on my 2022 21G. I found a place to squeeze in 4 Battle Born batteries under the bed and I used the generator cabinet for the electronics. I added 400 watts of solar to the existing 175 watt panel that came with it also.
            Dave and Anna
            Grand Rapids, MI
            2022 Momentum 21G
            2024 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by davedr View Post
              Just thought I would share my completed conversion to Lithium / Victron / Solar on my 2022 21G. I found a place to squeeze in 4 Battle Born batteries under the bed and I used the generator cabinet for the electronics. I added 400 watts of solar to the existing 175 watt panel that came with it also.
              Nicely done and very clean.

Where did you find space under the bed for the batteries?
              Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Thanks! After removing the plywood cover, I found some space right behind the Nautilus system. I removed the 4" junction box meant for the generator feed and tuck in the wires a little and then just built battery shelves out of plywood and 2x2s. This picture shows the location better.

Dave
                Attached Files
                Dave and Anna
                Grand Rapids, MI
                2022 Momentum 21G
                2024 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4

Comment

Thanks! After removing the plywood cover, I found some space right behind the Nautilus system. I removed the 4" junction box meant for the generator feed and tuck in the wires a little and then just built battery shelves out of plywood and 2x2s. This picture shows the location better.

Dave
                  That's brilliant. Nice work.
                  Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

That is a clean install--nice work.

What is the device mounted top dead center? I don't recognize it.

Only minor comment (hopefully you don't mind) is all the positives are well protected except that one junction. Consider finding a way to protect it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	coment and question.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	82210

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks @howson.

I agree, that positive is too exposed. I had the larger terminal blocks with covers already, but they were just too large for the space. I'm going to 3D print a cover for both of them.

That box that is top dead center is a 12V outlet with an SAE connector, switch and a fuse that I 3D printed. It's for powering my portable pump to transfer water from my portable bladder to the tank of the RV.

Dave
                      Dave and Anna
                      Grand Rapids, MI
                      2022 Momentum 21G
                      2024 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4

Comment

Working...
                      X