Location of stock converter - 2017 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of stock converter - 2017 310GK

As the title states, I'm looking for the location and how to get to the converter on our 310GK for replacement. Pictures would be wonderful for my addled old brain.

Thanks

-jeff
    2017 310GK

Hi Jeff,

In most (all?) GDRV 5th wheels, the converter is accessed by removing the aft wall panel in the pass through storage area. This wall panel is designed for this access and will be held in place by only a few screws. Nothing else should have to be removed before this access panel. Getting to know this area of your 5th wheel is a good thing. In this space you will find the converter that you are looking for, the water pump, the furnace and many electric/water/drain/ductwork connections that you may need to access some day.

Attached picture is from my Reflection, but your Solitude will be similar.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Hi Jeff,

In most (all?) GDRV 5th wheels, the converter is accessed by removing the aft wall panel in the pass through storage area. This wall panel is designed for this access and will be held in place by only a few screws. Nothing else should have to be removed before this access panel. Getting to know this area of your 5th wheel is a good thing. In this space you will find the converter that you are looking for, the water pump, the furnace and many electric/water/drain/ductwork connections that you may need to access some day.

Rob
      Thanks Rob. For some reason I was thinking it was under a shelf in the pantry. That doesn't look too bad to get to at all.
      2017 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
        Hi Jeff,

Rob
        Yep - it's in a similar location in our Reflection 337. Since we're ordering a new Solitude 310 I've been paying close attention and looking at photos wherever I can find them. It's in the same place (along with the inverter if you have one) in the 310GK behind the basement panel(s). A few screws and you're there.

Rob
        Rob & Laura
        U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
        2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
        2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
        (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
        Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post
          Thanks Rob. For some reason I was thinking it was under a shelf in the pantry. That doesn't look too bad to get to at all.
          We have a 310GK. The angled portion of the fabric-covered rear wall of the pass-through storage is removed by taking out six screws, revealing the mess of equipment and related wires and ducts and plumbing supporting the utilities. The converter is well into that space, on the curb side of the trailer near the rear of the fuse panel (which is identified by all the wires attached to it). It's surprisingly small and similar to the one in Rob's photo.

Are you forced to replace it, or are you upgrading it? If the latter, to what?

Good luck.
          Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

We have a 310GK. The angled portion of the fabric-covered rear wall of the pass-through storage is removed by taking out six screws, revealing the mess of equipment and related wires and ducts and plumbing supporting the utilities. The converter is well into that space, on the curb side of the trailer near the rear of the fuse panel (which is identified by all the wires attached to it). It's surprisingly small and similar to the one in Rob's photo.

Are you forced to replace it, or are you upgrading it? If the latter, to what?

Good luck.
            I just picked up a couple of the Lion lithium batteries from Costco at a great price. I want to upgrade to a lithium rated charger. I've been looking at Progressive but I'm not sure at this point which one. I'm not very handy with electrikery but I figure I can replace a box with 3 or 4 wires given enough time and adult beverages.
            2017 310GK

Comment

Originally posted by JeffC View Post

I just picked up a couple of the Lion lithium batteries from Costco at a great price. I want to upgrade to a lithium rated charger. I've been looking at Progressive but I'm not sure at this point which one. I'm not very handy with electrikery but I figure I can replace a box with 3 or 4 wires given enough time and adult beverages.
              I installed the Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV to charge my Battle Born batteries. Make sure you get the "ALV" and not the "AV" version. The "AV" model is a standard charger, where the "ALV" type is for lithium (Lifepo4) batteries such as your Lions.
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I installed the Progressive Dynamics PD9160ALV to charge my Battle Born batteries. Make sure you get the "ALV" and not the "AV" version. The "AV" model is a standard charger, where the "ALV" type is for lithium (Lifepo4) batteries such as your Lions.
                Thanks Jim. I just checked and my two 6V batteries are wired together with 6 gauge wire. Is that ok? It seems a little light duty to me. Did you make your own cables or did you order them?
                2017 310GK

Comment

Working...
                X