Dedicated Breaker For Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Breaker For Converter

I have a new 2022 XLS 22MLE with the Furrion 12v refer. I’m converting to LIPO batteries and I’m incorporating a 2000w inverter. When boondocking I intend to plug the trailer’s power cord into the inverter to run low amperage AC devices. For obvious reasons I don’t want the converter to run on inverter power. Since going to the 12v compressor refer I thought I read that one of the AC breakers is no longer used. Does anyone know if this is true. If so I’ll put the converter on it and turn it off when boondocking. I also read that the converter might share a breaker with the electric water heater. This would work too as I won’t be using the electric mode of the water heater when boondocking. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Squeezer04 -- please take a picture of the circuit breaker panel in your 22MLE and post it. I suspect the converter shares the main 30A breaker...but only way to confirm is to see it.

Also, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just about to post my issue similar to this (I will in a new thread) and came across your post. I have a 2022 337RLS fifth wheel. I turned off the breaker marked converter and it did not shut off my converter. I found the converter was on the fireplace breaker, which when turned off shut off the fireplace and inverter. With the converter breaker off I did not find anything in or out of the coach that did not work on 110 volts.
      Tony
      2022 GD Reflection 337RLS
      2022 Ford F350 6.7 SRW LB

Comment

Received inverter installation info through dealer when asking for wiring diagram - electrical drawing from Ken Wagner post shows how new Reflection is wired. Appears a transfer switch will remedy your issue. I am installing a Go Power TS-30 with two 12v 100ah LIFePO4 and 2000w inverter
        Attached Files
        2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2019 Ram 2500, 6.4l Hemi w/ 4:10 rear

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer04 View Post
          I have a new 2022 XLS 22MLE with the Furrion 12v refer. I’m converting to LIPO batteries and I’m incorporating a 2000w inverter. When boondocking I intend to plug the trailer’s power cord into the inverter to run low amperage AC devices. For obvious reasons I don’t want the converter to run on inverter power. Since going to the 12v compressor refer I thought I read that one of the AC breakers is no longer used. Does anyone know if this is true. If so I’ll put the converter on it and turn it off when boondocking. I also read that the converter might share a breaker with the electric water heater. This would work too as I won’t be using the electric mode of the water heater when boondocking. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
          Hi and welcome. I have a 2022 22MLE and installed a full Lithium, Inverter/converter, Solar setup and as part of that upgrade I disconnected the internal converter completely inside the power center. If I remember correctly (dangerous), the converter shared a 15amp breaker with the 12v fridge. I've included a picture showing the wiring that indicates this.

Now I know it's a different trailer but before this I had a new 2021 17MKE. On that trailer I did exactly as you are. I installed Lithium and a 2000 watt inverter which I merely plugged the trailer power cord (using an adapter) into it. On that trailer I found the converter shared a breaker with the GFI outlets which wouldn't work so I merely moved the converter power wire from that breaker to share with the breaker for the electric water heater. That was perfect because I wouldn't want to use my battery power to heat the water anyway. So, when I was running on the inverter I merely flipped the water heater/converter breaker off. BTW, I painted the breaker switch with red nail polish so my wife could easily find it.

My suggestion to you would be to do that same thing. BTW, I did not notice an unused breaker.

Feel free to ask me any questions.
          Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Squeezer04 Welcome to the Family and the forum!
            Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
            Nash County, NC
            2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
            X