No announcement yet.

Non GFCI outlets not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The models with residential refrigerators and inverters have a secondary breaker box - usually not physically co-located with the main power panel. In our 310GK-R, this second metal box is inside the buffet cabinet to the left of the main power panel. When on shore power, the ATS (automatic transfer switch) routes shore power to the circuits on the breakers in this box (there are three breakers in the secondary box on our rig - one of them being for the refrigerator). When shore power is disconnected, the ATS transfers those circuits to the inverter which draws its 12VDC from the batteries. In our rig, there are other outlets, including the one in the dinette slide, which are on these secondary circuit breakers.

There should be a breaker on the main panel labeled "Sub Panel." If that's what's tripping every time, there is a problem with the secondary breaker box or something downstream from that. That's where I would start troubleshooting. Things that ARE NOT on these secondary circuits include the fireplace, microwave, W/D circuits, ACs, and any other high-draw appliances.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Since this issue seems to be a short circuit that occurred as a result of moving the slide in/out . . . I would start by examining the flexible wiring under the slide and where it connects to the residential wire (using a Molex connector) just inside the frame rail.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There are no lights on the oven either.

we don’t see any water. The tech is in the basement now and can’t even find the power from the fridge that is running to the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Kristanbz View Post
          The inverter is on and the fridge doesn’t come on.
          OK, then I think the problem is in the wiring after the sub-panel. If your tech removes power from the sub-panel and does a continuity test from the hot to neutral I bet they will find a short. Now it's a matter of following the wiring from the sub-panel to the refrigerator. There will be hard (standard "household") wiring that goes to the Molex connector (under the floor and above the coroplast) and then the "soft" wire will go up into the slide. That wire should be visible somewhere from the outside looking up under the camper.

No disrespect to the tech--but if they aren't well versed in electrical troubleshooting (some are not...I went to school with a bunch that weren't) he/she should get a co-worker or friend-in-the-biz that can help find the issue.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We had the same issue with the same unit. Are your stove top igniters clicking? Try removing the middle step to reveal a breaker that they didn't tell us about on orientation. If that's tripped, reset it. we went through this and the bathroom CGI would not reset, none of the other outlets worked either. Paid a place for the diagnosis but they didn't charge labor. He found it by tracing a wire. Good luck

Comment

Working...
            X