Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Momentum 30g bath and main TV plugs not working on inverter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Momentum 30g bath and main TV plugs not working on inverter.

Hello,

I have a 2021 30g wither the solar package. All of the inverter plugs work except the bathroom and the main TV. I confirmed with Grand Design view VIN that the bath and main TV plugs should be wired to the inverter. As a side note all of the outlets work on shore power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
    Last edited by Mevas1970; 02-06-2022, 12:52 AM.
    2021 Ford F350 Platinum.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 30G

The main bath receptacle may be a GFCI. Is there a light on that? It may need reset.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Mevas1970 View Post
      Hello,

I have a 2021 30g wither the solar package. All of the inverter plugs work except the bathroom and the main TV. I confirmed with Grand Design view VIN that the bath and main TV plugs should be wired to the inverter. As a side note all of the outlets work on shore power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael
      Hi Michael,
      Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Given that all the outlets in the trailer work when connected to shore power, but some do not work when running on the inverter, if GD says a given outlet should work on the inverter (but doesn't) the trailer may be wired incorrectly.

What I suggest is mapping all of the components in the trailer like I did with mine. Do this on shore power. Start with all the circuit breakers off except for the main--does any of the AC components or outlets work in the camper? Mark it on your map accordingly. Now turn on the first breaker under the main. Check all the AC components and outlets again in the camper, mapping as you go. Turn off that breaker (leave the Main on) and turn on the next breaker. Check the outlets and components again, mapping as you go. Repeat the process until you've gone through all the breakers. Double-check that all the AC components in the trailer are referenced to a breaker.

Using a receptacle tester (available at any big box hardware store) is a good way to check the trailer's wiring as you're looking for power.

Click image for larger version

Name:	receptacle tester.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	76072

Here's my current map as a reference. Yours doesn't have to be as fancy and definitely will be different. Just trying to show what I'm attempting to describe as a "map".

Name:	Outlet to CB Drawing 20210509.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	76073
      If you'll post your results (map) we can take it a step further to try and pin down the exact problem.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	76117 Hi Howard,

thank you for your reply. I have done as you suggested. Please excuse my terrible map and I hope you can read my writing. They seem to be working correctly on shore power. And as I mentioned the ones on solar/inverter work except the bath and the one for the main tv. I am stumped.

Michael
        2021 Ford F350 Platinum.

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          The main bath receptacle may be a GFCI. Is there a light on that? It may need reset.

Brian
          Thanks, the gfci has a light on when on shore power but nothing while on the inverter
          2021 Ford F350 Platinum.

Comment

Hi Howard,

thank you for your reply. I have done as you suggested. Please excuse my terrible map and I hope you can read my writing. They seem to be working correctly on shore power. And as I mentioned the ones on solar/inverter work except the bath and the one for the main tv. I am stumped.

Michael
            Sorry, Michael, but I can't figure out which circuit breaker powers which outlet by examining the posted diagram. (Sorry!)

Bottom line: if GD says those outlets are supposed to work when on the inverter, there's a wiring issue that's (probably) beyond the scope of a simple fix.

If you'll add your VIN to your profile I can ask a GD rep to review this thread and see if I there's additional information. Other than that I suggest consulting your dealer and, if they have one on the lot, checking another 30G to see how it works.

Please respond when (if) you add your VIN otherwise there's nothing else I can do. (How to do it is in the Forum Use channel.) https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...ofile-a-how-to

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Hi Howard,

thanks again. My VIN is 573TM3525M1214469
              2021 Ford F350 Platinum.

Comment

Hi Howard,

thanks again. My VIN is 573TM3525M1214469
                Check back here over the next couple of days. When I get a response I'll post it here. Please be patient--it may take some time to what I'm looking to get (which I can't post here but can describe).

Howard

Comment

Mevas1970 -- while you're waiting, please consider going through the Welcome Letter to New Members. It should help you get the most out of your time here.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Comment

I am having the same issue with mine I am just curious if anyone had a solution I just picked up a 30G and haven't figured this out. Also looking at adding panel's and a bigger inverter.
                    Last edited by kingofglamis; 05-02-2022, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofglamis View Post
                      I am having the same issue with mine I am just curious if anyone had a solution I just picked up a 30G and haven't figured this out. Also looking at adding panel's and a bigger inverter.
                      Unfortunately there was no follow-up on this issue. Partly my oversight, so apologies to the original poster in this thread Mevas1970 . Have you done any of the suggestions listed in this thread, most notably mapped out your 30G?

For the panels and inverter please start a new post in the applicable channel. What's a channel? Check out the Welcome Letter to New Members: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Comment

howson No worries just though I would see if a solution was found.

Comment

Originally posted by kingofglamis View Post
                          howson No worries just though I would see if a solution was found.
                          Does yours still not work? Can you post a picture of your Power Distribution Panel showing all the circuit breakers?

Comment

Working...
                          X