2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE Converter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE Converter

Just purchased a new 22MLE with solar panels installed.
    I would like to upgrade to a lithium battery. I know the solar controller can be switched to lithium.
    Does anyone know if the convertor is lithium capable.

Thank you
    Mando

Originally posted by Mando56 View Post
    I would like to upgrade to a lithium battery. I know the solar controller can be switched to lithium.

Thank you
    Mando
    You will have to check your converter to see if it is Lithium compatible. Even if someone has the same model Imagine as you there have been plenty of supply chain issues in the RV manufacturing world which may have led to you having something different to even the next trailer on the assembly line.

I think that your converter is built in to the power distribution panel, that would be where I would start.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you. I will check!
      Mando

Comment

Thank you
        Mando
        I don't know if this applies, but I suspect you have the same stock converter as we did. The tell-tale will be if you have a lead-acid battery as a standard install.
        On the new converter, there is a jumper that allows the converter to be switched back and forth between lithium and Lead acid.

official response from WFCO after writing a question proposing the same idea as yours for our 2021 Imagine 2670MK
        "It will only charge a lithium battery up to about 85%.
        You will need to swap it out with Part number WF-9855LIS."

This was from another thread. And I don't know how to link it here.
        Al & Ann
        F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
        Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

humunuku -- here ya go:

The thread's title is Lithium Battery Upgrade at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...attery-upgrade

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you
            Mando
            Check your hand written build sheet (that you should have gotten). It lists the component part numbers and serial numbers.
            Mike and (RIP Karen)
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

My 2022 22RBE converter is a WFCO 8700 series. The WF-8725.

It is NOT lithium compatible. Compatibility is nowhere stated in the manual (Lithium, AGM, or otherwise) but after doing some research I found that there is a different model specifically made for Lithium. That is the WF-8725LiS. If you have a WFCO 8700 series see this link for more information.
              Earl
              2022 Imagine 22RBE
              2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.7L V-8 MDS VVT)
              Anderson 3350 WDH w/ Redarc TowPro EBRH-ACCV3

Comment

Originally posted by TravelHabit View Post
                My 2022 22RBE converter is a WFCO 8700 series. The WF-8725.

It is NOT lithium compatible. Compatibility is nowhere stated in the manual (Lithium, AGM, or otherwise) but after doing some research I found that there is a different model specifically made for Lithium. That is the WF-8725LiS. If you have a WFCO 8700 series see this link for more information.
                The WF-8726LiS is what I have now after my original convertor was replaced under warranty. It was a nice surprise since I had decided to go with lithium at the same time.
                Mike and (RIP Karen)
                2021 2600RB
                2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

AZMike that is a surprise . One would think that should be standard since the WF-8725LiS has a switch that can choose either lead acid or lithium - thus covering all bases. I have to believe its not a significant cost difference.

Because the 2022 XLS 22MLE is so close to the 2022 XLS 22RBE in design I'm thinking the stock converter from the factory for the OP is very likely the same as mine.
                  Earl
                  2022 Imagine 22RBE
                  2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee (5.7L V-8 MDS VVT)
                  Anderson 3350 WDH w/ Redarc TowPro EBRH-ACCV3

Comment

Originally posted by TravelHabit View Post
                    AZMike that is a surprise . One would think that should be standard since the WF-8725LiS has a switch that can choose either lead acid or lithium - thus covering all bases. I have to believe its not a significant cost difference.

Because the 2022 XLS 22MLE is so close to the 2022 XLS 22RBE in design I'm thinking the stock converter from the factory for the OP is very likely the same as mine.
                    Well, I am glad they replaced my converter with a lithium capable one. I suspect that it was due to the parts shortage, and it was what they could get at the time. Or, maybe this is the convertor GD is installing in all new Imagines with solar? Maybe someone from GD could comment.
                    Mike and (RIP Karen)
                    2021 2600RB
                    2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

I thought I might update this thread since I came to it with a similar question.

I have a 2023 22MLE that came equipped with a WFCO WF-8735-AD-GE. According to WFCO's information, the "AD" stands for "Auto Detect", which allows the converter to auto-detect the battery chemistry, which INCLUDES Lithium ion batteries (as well as lead acid and AGM types) and will automatically adjust the charging profile. Looks like WFCO (and GD) stepped up their game.

As a note, the "GE" indicates that the converter accepts GE-type circuit breakers (THQL, THQP).

Melsman
                      Last edited by Melsman; 08-22-2022, 11:03 PM.
                      2023 XLS 22MLE towed by a 2017 F150. This is our fourth RV, though our first travel trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Melsman View Post
                        I thought I might update this thread since I came to it with a similar question.

I have a 2023 22MLE that came equipped with a WFCO WF-8735-AD-GE. According to WFCO's information, the "AD" stands for "Auto Detect", which allows the converter to auto-detect the battery chemistry, which INCLUDES Lithium ion batteries (as well as lead acid and AGM types) and will automatically adjust the charging profile. Looks like WFCO (and GD) stepped up their game.

As a note, the "GE" indicates that the converter accepts GE-type circuit breakers (THQL, THQP).

Melsman
                        Great info! Always appreciate when a new member's first post is a helpful input. I hope you'll take a moment to read the Welcome Letter and fill out your signature line. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
                        X