Control of Ceiling lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control of Ceiling lights

I am a new owner of a 2021 303RLS. I am now only able to turn my ceiling lights on and off using the Iphone Compass Connect App. The lighted blue switch in the master control panel is lit but does nothing now. I believe I encountered this once before and somehow got the system to "reset" so the hard wired (lit blue switch) switch started to work again. Any ideas folks? Is there a reset the puts the manual switches back in control?
    Mark & Julie
    2021 GD 303RLS; GooseBox Hitch; towed by Ram 3500 SRW

The only reset that I can think of is complete power down for a minute or so.

Brian

PS: If you want your user name changed from being an email address, I recommend this, let me know what you want changed to and I can do it, send a PM.
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

TheMcLellans

Not sure how far you want to dig into this...but that switch is connected to what is called a Configurable Switch Input on the Unity 1.5X board. Specifically it's input 8. When the switch is pressed it sends a signal telling the Unity board to turn on (or off) the light). If the light works via the app, the issue is not the relay or output of the board--something related to the input appears to not be working right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.5 Unity Board.JPG
Views:	1292
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	79164

The issue could be the control panel, the Unity board itself, or the wiring. Isolating the problem would require some troubleshooting.

An option to consider is calling Lippert (the OEM of the Unity board). They are very good about working with individuals that have OneControl issues. (GD calls it "CompassConnect"--pretty much the same thing in most cases). Their contact info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Please report back!

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Apparently the Lippert folks believe it is the Switch on the inside Grand Design manual switch board (blue lighted switch) is faulty. I was hoping to put a dimmer on these lights at some point. But now I am confused as to where to put the dimmer in the circuit. The blue light switch is simply a signal to the lippert control board to turn a circuit on and off. Any ideas ?
        Mark & Julie

Comment

Originally posted by TheMcLellans View Post
          Apparently the Lippert folks believe it is the Switch on the inside Grand Design manual switch board (blue lighted switch) is faulty. I was hoping to put a dimmer on these lights at some point. But now I am confused as to where to put the dimmer in the circuit. The blue light switch is simply a signal to the lippert control board to turn a circuit on and off. Any ideas ?
          That's correct, you'd need to put the dimmer somewhere between the board and the light itself.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Has anyone tried this? How do you track down the hot feed from the Lippert control board to the fixtures? Did you install a wall switch or did you use a remote dimmer?
            Mark & Julie

Comment

Has anyone tried this? How do you track down the hot feed from the Lippert control board to the fixtures? Did you install a wall switch or did you use a remote dimmer?
              See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...compassconnect

The last post (#67) shows what one person has used for a solution. Reading the entire thread, though, is recommended to give you the full context.

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We are working on lighting control on our recently delivered 2022 303RLS. Dimming the island lights and coffee bar was simple as not connected to One Control. I am still looking for the interface module that controls the lighting. The Lippert 802799 appears to only have slide outputs?... is it possible the canbus goes to another module for lights?
                2022 Reflection 303RLS
                2019 Ram 2500, 6.4l Hemi w/ 4:10 rear

Comment

Jim n Tina R On my 303 the control module is located behind the wall in the basement on the street side (door). To put a dimmer you will need to intercept the signal post interface.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hello - I am a ‘21 303 owner too and we were able to tackle the dimming questions. I will include a couple of pictures too.
                    1. The blue light switch in the control panel “leaked” light out at night which we didn’t like. So we got a replacement switch (red) and eliminated the bright blue light.
                    2. The bar, island and the rest of the lights not on the One Control app can be controlled by a dimmer switch swap out. I purchased mine on Amazon. They have a tad bigger footprint so some wall opening trimming needed to be performed. The white wire to the lights is the ground wire. I bought larger Wago Lever Nuts to accommodate the need for an additional ground wire where necessary as well as the correct size protected blade crimp connectors (male and female) to connect the new switches and - presto chango - dimmable lights!
                    3. Ceiling lamps, going through the One Connect, need, as well pointed out above, to go through the control module. I bought a Bluetooth dimmer module, located the first light in the chain (the light nearest the hallway/front door) and installed the module there. Works like a charm. The Bluetooth control allows me to set the dimming level, then the One Control App and switch in the control panel simply turn them on or off. I can turn them off in the Bluetooth app but figured I would just use the app to set the lighting level and use the switch to turn them on and off.
                    4. I bought the same Bluetooth module for the awning lights but, seeing as how the wiring is buried in the wall…I am contemplating how I want to install that module. I could install it where the wiring comes out of the coach to the awning lights, or in the basement where it exits the control module. The issue there is the ground to the lighting is run separately from the control module and the Bluetooth module requires both legs of the circuit to run through it. Once I play around with it a bit and make a final decision the awning lighting should dim just as the ceiling lights are now working

Click image for larger version  Name:	0E50EEED-ABBE-446D-98B6-3082E9AEF3FC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	82126 Click image for larger version  Name:	811050F8-0A78-4A00-B30C-22A1C5D5D40F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	82127

hope that helps. Anyone with any questions can message me and I will be glad to assist as possible. I am not an electrician by any means, just a shade tree tinkerer, but these solutions are working just fine for us. All of this was purchased on Amazon so acquiring the items were easy.

I also just completed a lithium battery changeout so if anyone is interested in that post, you can find it on this forum too.

Cheers!
                    Alan and Julie Hartford
                    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
                    2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

Alan - which puck light was 1st in the chain?
                      Mark & Julie

Comment

Alan - which puck light was 1st in the chain?
                        Here is a pic of it. It is the light nearest the door and bar area.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6FDFB70F-EB30-477D-9450-8FFF223E4544.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	66.9 KB ID:	82450
                        Alan and Julie Hartford

Comment

Have you figured out the awning dimming yet? I have same trailer added same dimmer to overhead lights at recliners, Im going to add another same place you did for interior lights and I to thought I could cut into the wires coming off awning and tucking the module in the inside of the arm. I would really like to put awnings on there own switch but if I can get the dimmers installed I can turn one off. Also what switch did you use to replace that blue light switch.
                          2021 Reflection 303RLS
                          2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                            Have you figured out the awning dimming yet? I have same trailer added same dimmer to overhead lights at recliners, Im going to add another same place you did for interior lights and I to thought I could cut into the wires coming off awning and tucking the module in the inside of the arm. I would really like to put awnings on there own switch but if I can get the dimmers installed I can turn one off. Also what switch did you use to replace that blue light switch.
                            I haven’t figured out the awnings yet but it looks like your suggestion is the best way (from the exterior) without major digging.

I switched the red tank heater switch with the blue ceiling switch. Simple swap out. Now the blue light only comes on when the tank heaters are on. The red switch is much more palatable for the ceiling lights. Also it does not stay on continuously.
                            Alan and Julie Hartford

Comment

Do I need to remove the panel if so how hard is it
                              2021 Reflection 303RLS
                              2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X