Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
    Do I need to remove the panel if so how hard is it
    It’s not that difficult. The hardest part is working the switches out of the panel. They are a press fit it with expanding plastic clips at the back. A strong flat blade and patience wins the day. So yes, you need to remove the panel but that’s pretty easy. Make sure all power is off to the rig and no shore or solar systems are feeding it. There is a trim piece around the edge of the panel that you pry off (and then snap back on afterwards). That reveals the 6 or so screws. Remove those and gently work the wiring bundle out to get access to the back. Identify the two switches. Document the orientation and what wires go where (I use my phone lots during these projects to sap a couple of pics for reference). Remove the wires (they map be a tight fit on the bayonet post but a pair of pliers and patience wiggling them off wins that battle). Work the switches out and swap them. Reattach the wires. Work the panel and wire bundle back into place. Test everything to make sure it’s all working the way you want and button it back up. The tank heater is a difficult one to truly see if it’s working or not but I watch my victron BMS and see the increase the amp draw.

another option is to only remove the ceiling control switch and get a drop in replacement online or at a car part store or rv/marine store and do that swap out from blue to red.

good luck!
    Alan and Julie Hartford
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
    2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

thanks very helpfull
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Alan,
        Any chance that you can post a link to the BT led mesh controller that you used for dimming the ceiling lights? TIA.

Respectfully,
        B
        2019 Toyota Tacoma
        2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

Originally posted by RBK3X View Post
          Alan,
          Any chance that you can post a link to the BT led mesh controller that you used for dimming the ceiling lights? TIA.

Respectfully,
          B
          It would help if you quoted or tagged the individual being questioned. See the Welcome Letter to learn more about how to get the most from this forum: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

In response to your specific question, the picture in post 10 led me to this link on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Bl.../dp/B07W7RG716

Howard

WickedJulesTikiAl -- if you have anything to add chime in!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howson,
            Thank you so much for the forum help for new members and the link to the controller. I appreciate this forum and I hope to be able to contribute as well.
            2019 Toyota Tacoma
            2022 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Comment

cjwilliams -- moved your post to it's own thread. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ront-door-inop

Howard
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
              X