Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring diagram (It doesn't exist. For a PLAN, call Grand Design Customer Service.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring diagram (It doesn't exist. For a PLAN, call Grand Design Customer Service.)

I noticed today that the breaker that the residential refrigerator is on is the same one that the recliners, vacuum and other plugs are on. The breaker is a 15 amp breaker. I am concerned about amperage draw. I also discovered that the TV in the living room was wired into the inverter along with the refrigerator. Again does not seem right. Can I get a wiring diagram so I can see how this coach is wired. Solitude 2020 310 GKR.
    I have a breaker labeled general and have not figured out what it runs. Thanks
    Last edited by howson; 03-04-2021, 04:16 PM.
    2017 F250 Diesel Superduty SRW SWB
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R

drifterranch can you send me your VIN so that I can pull up your wiring diagram? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
      drifterranch can you send me your VIN so that I can pull up your wiring diagram? Thanks!!
      I too would like a wiring diagram of our 2018 374TH-R Solitude. Our rig is not wired like Drifter's, but wish it was. Having to be plugged in, to be able to use the recliners can be a pain.

Thanks Megan in advance. All my info is in admin settings. KEN
      2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. It's HUGE.
      Update: Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19
      10-19-18 - 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4 X 4 Long Box.

Comment

The only problem I can see with a wiring diagram is that after being on a factory tour and seeing the pace that these are assembled I can see where a mistake could be made. I have learned that the wiring is suppose to be color coded but again a mistake can be made. So if a wiring diagram is supplied it may be misleading on one unit but may be spot on for another. Not that this is ok but could happen.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for you response. I will add it to my about tab today. Happy thanksgiving
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

I have added my vin to my profile. Thanks
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

GDRV-Megan Good morning Megan, I added my vin to my profile as suggested. However here it is again. 573FS3628L9906386. I also have another question to ask if I may. Can you confirm the size of the inverter? I noticed on the build sheet that it shows the coach has a 2000 Watt inverter and has a serial number of the inverter on the build sheet. However all indications tell me it is a 1000 Watt inverter and is a WFCO. I can pull off the inside compartment to look but I am trying to avoid that. My assumption is someone just wrote the serial number down on the wrong line on the build sheet.
              Thanks for you help.
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

drifterranch I just sent you a private message with the electric plan for your unit. The inverter in your unit should be a 1000W.

Comment

drifterranch I just sent you a private message with the electric plan for your unit. The inverter in your unit should be a 1000W.
                  Thank you for all your help
                  2020 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Megan,

Can we get a copy of our wiring diagram? Our rig is a 2016 Solitude 375 RES. The VIN 573FS4321G1104907.

Thanks.

Comment

Megan,
                      Same request! Looking for a wiring diagram for my Momentum, getting ready to do some solar mods. The VIN is: 573FM4023K1208029. It is a Momentum 351M. Many thanks for any help you can provide.
                      Al - Momentum 351M

Comment

leecarranza@gmail.com JethroF16

Just to clear up expectations here . . . Grand Design does not have "wiring diagrams" such as I think you are looking for. They do have and will provide "electric plans". This will be a layout of where both 12V and 120V outlets and appliances are located. This will not be wire routings and connections.

Rob
                        Cate & Rob
                        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                        2015 Reflection 303RLS
                        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

leecarranza@gmail.com and JethroF16 ,

First, welcome to GD's Technical Forum.

Second, what GD provides is not a "wiring diagram" it's what they call a "plan". It is very basic and woefully lacking for anything like planning a solar install. In some cases (like my 315RLTS) it doesn't exactly match what's in my trailer. Regardless of what the plan shows you'll still have to map out the electrical in your trailer manually. Below is an example of how I mapped the 120vAC circuits in my trailer (pre-mods).

Click image for larger version  Name:	Outlets.JPG Views:	27 Size:	127.8 KB ID:	28539

By all means, though, give GD Customer Service a call. They will access your trailer's records and ensure you get the right drawing for your vehicle. Just don't be too disappointed with what you get.

If you have any specific questions related to your project, please start a new thread in the appropriate channel (like "Solar").

Howard (moderator)
                          Last edited by howson; 09-04-2020, 06:21 AM. Reason: Graphic had wrong phone #! See correct one on home page.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Many thanks for letting us know ya’ll. I appreciate the head’s up. I like a great many things about GD, seems like this is a common-enough request that they’d have a way. Thanks again.
                            Al - Momentum 351M

Comment

Originally posted by drifterranch View Post
                              I noticed today that the breaker that the residential refrigerator is on is the same one that the recliners, vacuum and other plugs are on. The breaker is a 15 amp breaker. I am concerned about amperage draw. I also discovered that the TV in the living room was wired into the inverter along with the refrigerator. Again does not seem right. Can I get a wiring diagram so I can see how this coach is wired. Solitude 2020 310 GKR.
                              I have a breaker labeled general and have not figured out what it runs. Thanks
                              Here is what I have mapped out on our 2018 solitude 310gk...so far. The usb outlets on either side of the couch have been added afterward. Hopefully this might help someone else out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	006584A9-7AE2-4167-B1B8-39C8FD936B16.png Views:	0 Size:	570.8 KB ID:	28689Click image for larger version  Name:	CFEFDF12-1827-4D0C-B7A2-658C7AC34AB1.png Views:	0 Size:	584.1 KB ID:	28686Click image for larger version  Name:	2149F48A-B28F-430F-88E8-76B27CCBA329.png Views:	0 Size:	694.9 KB ID:	28688Click image for larger version  Name:	B904B72A-AC6F-4CA1-BA67-D1C74D91C6E0.png Views:	0 Size:	539.2 KB ID:	28687
                              ignore attached files below, having trouble deleting them.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Jshantz; 09-04-2020, 10:47 AM. Reason: Too many attachments/pics
                              Joe & Melissa Shantz
                              2018 Solitude 310 GK, Sailun S637 Tires 5/14/20, Mor-Ryde IS, pin box and disk brakes 6/16/20
                              2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Working...
                              X