Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wiring diagram (It doesn't exist. For a PLAN, call Grand Design Customer Service.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jshantz -- very comprehensive. I really like the "miscellaneous" fuse listing with the location. GD should include something similar in their manual IMHO.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have 2019 Grand Design Momentum 397th could I please get a copy of the wiring diagram thanks
      573FM4533K1113777

Comment

Originally posted by mdelaven View Post
        I have 2019 Grand Design Momentum 397th could I please get a copy of the wiring diagram thanks
        573FM4533K1113777
        Although the moderators for the forum have copies of the drawings, we are not authorized to share them because we are not GDRV employees. You can contact customer service at 574-825-9679 or email at customerservice@granddesignrv.com and they should be able to help you.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Megan can you send me the wiring diagrams for the new 345 we should be getting ours in a week and it would help with some of the upgrades we are doing.

VIN - 573FS3822MAA02436

Comment

Originally posted by Mactek View Post
            Megan can you send me the wiring diagrams for the new 345 we should be getting ours in a week and it would help with some of the upgrades we are doing.

VIN - 573FS3822MAA02436
            Mactek,
            Call GD Customer Service to get the Electric Plan.

As I have repeatedly cautioned other forum members, please lower your expectations on what you'll receive. I suspect you are going to be disappointed with the (lack of) detail. I doubt the drawing will be of help to your upgrade plans as the information does not even remotely approach a "diagram" or "schematic".

Be aware, too, that unfortunately it can be inaccurate. (The plan for the 315RLTS does not match my trailer.)

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

We have a 2020 Solitude 310 GK-R. Does anyone know if any other outlets are wired into the inverter? We had a 2018 Montana that one of the bedroom outlets was hot of the inverter for c-pap use. Need to know in case of power outage my c-pap will be useful. My vin #573FS3622L9905461. Any information will be great.
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R (Gypsy) vin #573FS3622L9905461. 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins diesel DRW 6 speed auto, 3:42 gears ( Big Red )

Comment

The National Fire Protection Association NFPA 1192 is the major source for standards that outline requirements for plumbing, heating, fire, life safety and electrical (building code) for your RV. Unfortunately unlike your brick & sticks home or your vehicle there is no real blueprint standard that I am aware of for RV electrical wiring and I have contacted several major manufacturers. None could provide a standardized schematic. The reason for this is because the installer working on the production line today might be different from the installer tomorrow and each one could run the wires slightly different. Also RV manufactures don't always follow a wire color coding system. Some RV manufactures purchase wire in bulk regardless of color coding so the wire gauges might be the same but the color of the shielding is different from RV to RV. So this also can add to the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvis View Post
                  We have a 2020 Solitude 310 GK-R. Does anyone know if any other outlets are wired into the inverter? We had a 2018 Montana that one of the bedroom outlets was hot of the inverter for c-pap use. Need to know in case of power outage my c-pap will be useful. My vin #573FS3622L9905461. Any information will be great.
                  You might want to consider running 12v power point plugs for your CPAP and power it that way. I did a write up on my install. We do a lot of camping where 110V is not available.
                  Just a thought
                  Safe travels
                  Keith
                  2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Mactek,
                    Call GD Customer Service to get the Electric Plan.

As I have repeatedly cautioned other forum members, please lower your expectations on what you'll receive. I suspect you are going to be disappointed with the (lack of) detail. I doubt the drawing will be of help to your upgrade plans as the information does not even remotely approach a "diagram" or "schematic".

Be aware, too, that unfortunately it can be inaccurate. (The plan for the 315RLTS does not match my trailer.)

Howard
                    Thank You for the information.
                    But I did call Grand Design first and the person I was talking to had no idea of what I was talking about. No matter I was an Electrical contractor for 18 years I think I can figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mactek View Post

Thank You for the information.
                      But I did call Grand Design first and the person I was talking to had no idea of what I was talking about. No matter I was an Electrical contractor for 18 years I think I can figure it out.
                      By any chance did you get the name of that CS representative or do you have a reference number for the call? I'd like to follow up.

I assure you there is a drawing called an "Electric Plan" for your trailer. I cannot explain why the CS rep you spoke with did not know of its existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvis View Post
                        I think that Rob Second Chance has determined and previously shared which outlets are on his 310. Hopefully Rob will chime in.

Dan
                        Dan & Carol
                        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

I think that Rob Second Chance has determined and previously shared which outlets are on his 310. Hopefully Rob will chime in.

Dan
                          We have factory solar in addition to the residential fridge, so if you have a different combo, it may differ. The only ones I know for sure are the outlets on the underside of the buffet cabinet, the entertainment center outlets, and the outlet to the left of the sleeper sofa (looking forward from the sofa/same side as the entertainment center). I've not gotten around to testing anything else.

Rob
                          Rob & Laura
                          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Can I get a wiring diagram for a 2014 Reflection 303RLS vin #573FR3329E3300102?

Thanks,

Charlie

Comment

I called Grand Design (VERY HELPFUL) to get one form my Imagine 2600rb. They sent me a VERY simple drawing. They apologized and said they don't have detailed schematics for any unit. But give them a call and see what they can email you

Comment

I have my VIN in my profile. Could I please get what you might have? Thank you.
                                Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
                                TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Working...
                                X