Dreamlighting replacement bulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamlighting replacement bulbs

I purchased a 2020 GD Reflection 367BHS recently. When we brought it home from the dealership, I noticed that one of the vintage style bulbs (with the bayonet style base) above the kitchen island was not working and was loose from the base. The bulb says "only compatible with Dreamlighting Fixture, 3 watt. I have contacted the dealer and multiple other local RV stores, but no one knows where to get a replacement bulb. Any idea where I can get a new bulb from? The pictures show the actual bulb and also the light fixtures.

Thanks
    Ryan

Ryan Spitznagel it looks like it’s part #420581 through us. But you’ll need to order it through one of our dealers. Here’s a picture and also the link:

http://granddesignrv.com/owner-suppo...s/detail/58200

Attached Files

Comment

Make sure you have the dealer that you order thru use the part # Megan circled. When we were trying to get ours, the dealer told us the only way to get the bulbs was to replace the entire fixture. Had to pretty much do what Megan did, circle the line stating for bulb only..........
      Bob P.
      2018 F-350 CCLB 4X4 Dually
      2020 337RLS
      VIN last 8 L3326309

Comment

Thank y'all for the fantastic information! I ordered them this week.

Comment

Does anyone know if that bulb is dimmable?

Comment

What's so special about the bulb that it must be ordered through a dealer? Can someone post a picture of an unbroken (complete) bulb with measurements?
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Google 3w led glass Edison bulb and you get lots of choices.
              2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone else has found a suitable replacement for the LED bulbs above the kitchen sink. They are not very bright so don't want to order standard ones from GD.
                Want to upgrade to a brighter bulb to avoid having all 8 ceiling lights on to wash dishes & need dimmable too...already installed dimmer.
                I tried Yoda's google recommendation & have yet to find one. Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, all no luck.
                Appears they are Edison Bayonet (B22 i think) style 12V LED.

Any help would be much appreciated.
                Thank you!
                Sadie & Matt
                (w/ 2d Mate Toby the traveling tabby)
                2021 303 RLS
                2020 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 w/6.7L Cummins
                Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Andi -- see post #8. Haven't you done research on this topic for your 337?
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    Andi -- see post #8. Haven't you done research on this topic for your 337?
                    My 2018 has a different light, Howard, not the one with the Edison-type bulb. From what I've heard, the bulb on mine is not replaceable, the entire fixture must be replaced!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3562.JPG
Views:	1858
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	41679
                    Andi
                    Brookings SD
                    2018 Reflection 337RLS
                    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Duramax

Comment

Originally posted by S&M_G View Post
                      I know this is an old post, but I'm wondering if anyone else has found a suitable replacement for the LED bulbs above the kitchen sink. They are not very bright so don't want to order standard ones from GD.
                      Want to upgrade to a brighter bulb to avoid having all 8 ceiling lights on to wash dishes & need dimmable too...already installed dimmer.
                      I tried Yoda's google recommendation & have yet to find one. Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, all no luck.
                      Appears they are Edison Bayonet (B22 i think) style 12V LED.

Any help would be much appreciated.
                      Thank you!
                      Here are some close-ups of the bulb in question. It measures 4" long x 2" across. The bayonet mount is BA15s (P21W/1156/R5W/R10W). The bayonet end measures a little more than 9/16" across. It is a 3500K color temperature bulb, 12V, and is only 3 watts. Other than ordering from a GD Dealer, I can't find one on the Internet.

Name:	IMG_3820-1.jpg
Views:	2002
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	41713

Name:	IMG_3821-1.jpg
Views:	1904
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	41712
                      Pat and Karen
                      2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

pengle
                        Thanks for the info. Seems rather silly that GD would use such a specialized bulb. Id' be fine buying it from them if they offered a brighter version, but I can only find the same 3W 3500k listed.
                        Will update this post if I ever find a substitute...if you come across one, please do the same.
                        Thanks again.
                        Sadie & Matt
                        (w/ 2d Mate Toby the traveling tabby)
                        2021 303 RLS
                        2020 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 w/6.7L Cummins
                        Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Found them, everybody. At least 3W direct replacements. Amazon has the as supplied (3500K neutral white color temp) and 3000K warm white, which we wanted. Two-pack for $15.
                          The 3000K (warm white) are here: https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Lightin...450196&sr=8-23.
                          You'll find the 3500K here: https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Lightin...450196&sr=8-43

Comment

Let me start by clarifying that I have a 2022 Momentum 351M with the cube-pendant lighting fixtures (GD part replacement # 420854) over our sink/island. I ordered the 3000k warm version from @orhiker's Amazon link above and received the bulbs, but when I went to install them - the base was too short to go into the cube-pendant lighting fixtures.
                            🙄
                            Has anyone else had this issue? Is there another version of the bulb to look for?
                            Thanks,

Comment

I thought I would post that after some deep diving with a Grand Design support rep, we were able to locate the source for the cage pendant light fixtures, and more importantly - the replacement light bulbs!
                              To clarify what setup I have that I was trying to find the replacement bulbs for, this is the GD pendant part description:
                              TEM #420854
                              DESCRIPTIONI NTERIOR PENDANT LIGHT 21" EDI BASE CUBE CAGE
                              VENDOR PART #GSD5641
                              Vendor Name- LaSalle Bristol

Name:	image.png
Views:	256
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	123934
                              Grand Design's replacement bulb is:
                              ITEM #421073
                              DESCRIPTION LIGHT BULB 12V 7060 EDISON REPLACEMENT FOR GSD5641
                              VENDOR PART #GSB7060
                              $62.77 per bulb plus tax (Currently on backorder)

After doing some local research for the LaSalle Bristol sourced the bulbs for their pendant lights, we found them at RecPro (a local RV parts retailer in Indiana):
                              https://www.recpro.com/rv-led-edison...lb-warm-white/ (part # RP-BULB-1​)
                              Super expensive to replace ($22.95 per bulb), but they fit perfectly and a lot less than ordering directly from Grand Design. I'll be adding a remote Bluetooth dimmer to these soon.
                              I hope this helps the next person!

Comment

Working...
                              X