Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Furrion Battery Monitor Instructions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Battery Monitor Instructions????

ANSWER IN POST #7

I have searched everywhere on the web, Youtube and this forum and I have not been able to find any information about the Furrion Battery Monitor in my 2022 Reflection 150 series. I am hoping that it will allow me to manage settings to adjust to my added lithium batteries. If it is like their Solar Controller then it is likely not available, but hey, they should at least include instructions/information for it.

I have added quite a few items from my 2022 NEW RV to my garage sale box - Bathroom Towel Rack, Hand Towel Holder, Shower Head (but I'm keeping the nice metal shower hose), Bathroom Faucet, Tire Linc, Charger/Controller that does not fully support lithium batteries, Furrion Charge Controller and probably the Furrion Battery Monitor. It's a good thing I enjoy modding my RV, for this is only the beginning.
    Last edited by SoccerDad; 03-30-2022, 02:54 PM. Reason: Pointed to Answer in Post #7
    Gary & Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
    2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel

The battery monitor may be rebranded the same as the solar controller, I do not think that Furrion makes either one. Post a pic of the monitor as I have not seen one yet and hopefully we can search for a likely suspect that is rebranded, any numbers off the front or back may be helpful as well.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

SoccerDad

Looking at the Parts Lookup website I found the monitor below at https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/78859

Click image for larger version

Name:	420833.jpg
Views:	3548
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	80236

I think Brian was right -- this looks like the Xantrex. Try the attached manual.

Howard

Attached Files
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you so much. I guess this monitor does more than I thought, including support for up to 500amps. Setup looks pretty straight forward. I'll need to get some numbers for my replacement 6100 charger before I go out and program it. It's not a Victron, but it will do for now.

Edit:
        @howson
        I had a chance to use the manual you attached to change some settings and it did not have any of the options shown in the manual. Thanks for trying.

Edit #2:
        Here is a link to a Will Prowse video on what I believe is this $40 rebranded Battery Monitor.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6O76Okmt08

Attached is an instructional PDF that I just received from Furrion and the video linked above still applies.
        IM-FEN00032_V3.0_EN-1.pdf
        Last edited by SoccerDad; 03-30-2022, 08:39 AM. Reason: Adding a PDF from Furrion.
        Gary & Judy
        2022 Reflection 150 Series 226RK
        2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel

Comment

SoccerDad

Hello Gary,
          I wanted to see if you still had the PDF manual for this battery Monitor. The Link above in Edit #2 appears to be bad. I've looked for this everywhere. It's now August 2021 and Furrion still doesn't have this item listed on their website. I had some issues with it upon delivery, but didn't realize it until after I left the dealer. Never really got into it during the walk thru. Didn't appear to have power or had a bad connection. Finally figured it out over the weekend. I traced the negative lead from the battery until I could locate the shunt behind the control panel in the storage bay. Finally got access to that and checked the connections between the shunt and the monitor. Then traced the positive lead and found the hidden fuse holder with a blown fuse. So I have power to it now and it is functioning, I just need to program/calibrate it to my battery. I also like to keep all the manuals in PDF format. Thanks for the help.
          Aaron & Shannon Crawford

2022 Imagine XLS 23LDE

Comment

Just helped my neighbor with this setup in their new Imagine XLS. Still a far cry from a Victron setup however.

Anyone know if there is a Bluetooth Adapter and App for the Furrion MPPT?
            2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
            2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorvald View Post
              Anyone know if there is a Bluetooth Adapter and App for the Furrion MPPT?
              While I don't think this is related to this thread on the Battery Monitor. I don't believe the Furrion MPPT charge controllers have any Bluetooth capability. They are pretty dumb in that regard. I have the 25A model in my Imagine XLS. I don't see any mention of bluetooth in the controller manual. It does look like it might not be too difficult to swap out battery monitor and shunt for a Victron battery monitor with bluetooth if your neighbor wants to monitor what is going in or out of their battery via a smart phone app. Instead of looking at the screen. My battery monitor is in the basement. Even though the shunt is mounted right above the monitor on the back side of the control partition, the full length of wire is bundled up behind the partition. I'm contemplating relocating it at some point to inside the trailer, likely above the main controller panel in the cabinet. I have to get it working first and make sure I'm happy with it before I drop the underbelly and drill a big hole. That's a project for down the road.
              Aaron & Shannon Crawford

2022 Imagine XLS 23LDE

Comment

SoccerDad Nevermind on the PDF file...your link is good...I'm broken. Apparently, when I first clicked on it was before I was logged in. It works once logged in. I guess it would helpful if the forum said that you needed to login to access a file stored on the server instead of giving a generic "invalid Link" message. Thanks for posting this link.
                Aaron & Shannon Crawford

2022 Imagine XLS 23LDE

Comment

Working...
                X