Battery Disconnect DOESNT??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update…
    The First Interstate battery that came with RV tested bad at Autozone. I replaced it with a Autozone Deep Cycle battery. It’s worked well, so long as I remember to disconnect the negative battery cable. As it turns out, the Tire Lync transmitter is connected directly to the battery. So, it slowly draws power until the battery is dead. Go figure!
    2021 Refection 297RSTS
    2020 Ford F150 Turboboost

Comment

Spoiler, more than just the Tire Lync is connected before the disconnect. Power jack, emergency break away switch, and the safety devices such as CO / Gas monitor.

Several people including myself have added: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or similar on the negative battery cable to make disconnecting the battery quick for storage or maintenance.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Had to replace the converter AND battery! It’s working ok now. I installed another battery cutoff switch today, so I don’t have to disconnect the negative battery cable all the time.
        2021 Refection 297RSTS

Comment

The emergency brake switch can remain hard-wired to the battery. It doesn't draw any power until actuated.
          Ted
          2021 Reflection 310RLS
          2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
            Welcome to the forum Mike & Charlotte

I share your concern about the battery having been discharged three times and wanted to suggest you pull it and have it tested to see if any or all of the cells are fried. Sounds like you have some previous RV experience and probably know that if you're going to be on shore power over Memorial Day you'll probably be okay even if the battery is weak, but if boondocking a good battery is vital to an enjoyable weekend.
            Thanks, John!
            Since my last post, I've done a lot and also moved to Florida. So, the battery was bad and I replaced it. I also installed a cutoff switch to the top of my battery box. No more dead battery after being in storage for a while (unless I forget to turn the switch off!) I'm also using a 10W solar trickle charger that has a built in charge controller. It works really well at keeping the battery topped off. Here's the solar panel that I bought:

Amazon.com: POWOXI 10W 12V Magnetic Solar Battery Trickle Charger Maintainer, Built-in MPPT Intelligent Charge Controller.

Mike
            2021 Refection 297RSTS

Comment

Working...
            X