Command Center problems....2022 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Center problems....2022 2600RB

Hoping someone has some input on a problem I encountered today. I have a brand new 2022 Imagine 2600RB TT. Brought it home this week from storage to dress it up, summerize/sanitize the lines and get all our personal items inside it to make it our cozy home on wheels. Had it in the driveway for 4 days and had no problems with operating various components from the command center (lights, water pump, slide out, awning...etc). Today I was getting ready to bring it back to storage until our first trip and I noticed that something looked funny on the command center display. The battery status of 4 stacked green lights was on but that was all. I tried turning on ceiling lights...nothing. Move the slide....nothing. Move the awning...nothing. When I push the ceiling light button for instance the white lights you see in this picture all flash 3 or 4 times as well as the blue indicator light under the ceiling light button. Same thing happens if I push any other button. The last operation I performed before this happened was closing the slide out....but I had been using that command center all week with no issues. The connect button for the app to function these components using my phone is on the command center too....and it will not let me connect to it.

All the fuses checked out OK in the fuse box. The battery has a good charge, Other 12v functions are working like the stabilizers, tongue jack, lights with switches....etc.

I'm dead in the water though without being able to use the command center. Any ideas?

Click image for larger version

Name:	command center 2600RB.jpg
Views:	1246
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	82079
    Ken
    2022 2600RB
    2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 6.6l Gas

Have you tried using the battery disconnect to cut power and the restore it? The old linksys router treatment?

I'm jealous you have power stabilizers.
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

kd2600RB I would try uwskier 's suggestion, and kill power. That control center runs a logic board thats down in the rig, it could be the logic board is locked up. Killing the shutoff (turn and remove the key while unplugged from shore power) waiting a few seconds and then restoring power should reset the board and would be worth a shot.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

kd2600RB -- can you control the camper via your phone and the CompassConnect app?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
          kd2600RB I would try uwskier 's suggestion, and kill power. That control center runs a logic board thats down in the rig, it could be the logic board is locked up. Killing the shutoff (turn and remove the key while unplugged from shore power) waiting a few seconds and then restoring power should reset the board and would be worth a shot.
          I was not hooked up to shore power when this occurred, just battery power. Is your suggestion to disconnect the house battery cables and then flip the battery disconnect switch to the off position,,,,waiting a few minutes and then restore power in both places?
          Ken
          2022 2600RB

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            kd2600RB -- can you control the camper via your phone and the CompassConnect app?
            I thought about trying that with the app (I had been using the app earlier in the week), but my phone wasn't connecting to the app when is issue happened. No bluetooth connection, Does that signal come from the command center panel?
            Ken
            2022 2600RB

Comment

You can try just killing the disconnect switch, it should cut power to the board. You'll know if it does if the lights on the panel go out. If they don't you'll have to pull a battery cable.

I am almost sure the Bluetooth module is in the board not the panel.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by kd2600RB View Post

I thought about trying that with the app (I had been using the app earlier in the week), but my phone wasn't connecting to the app when is issue happened. No bluetooth connection, Does that signal come from the command center panel?
                No, the bluetooth is incorporated into the X180 Unity board. Below is an example of an X180 board. The 180 board in your 2600RB is most likely in the passthru behind the aft panel. If the app won't connect (no bluetooth signal) that leads me to suspect there's an issue with the board, not the control panel.

If you are knowledgeable on how to use a multimeter and want to troubleshoot deeper please detail your experience working with electrical items. (No sense me typing out a bunch of words if this is beyond your comfort level.)

Howard

P.S. Sorry the responses were so slow...all the moderators were at Grand Design last week and it was non-stop!

Name:	X180 Example.JPG
Views:	681
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	82199
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

kd2600RB -- the pic below isn't an Imagine, but it should give you a visual on where I was trying to point you with regards to the controller location.

Name:	controller location.JPG
Views:	598
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	82217

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Howard.

I pretty sure I have an issue with the control panel based on the lack of response to any of the function buttons I push. Regarding the connection of the trailer to my iphone via bluetooth, I just assumed since the control panel has a bluetooth button it was somehow related to my app functioning. Thinking about it now....maybe that button is only used for pairing the trailer to my iphone?

I'll try to use the app again when I get back to my trailer. If I could get the app to work at least I'd have a work around with the lack of response of the control panel buttons.

A couple other questions about the 180 board....does it run off the house battery?...and does the power coming from the battery first goes thru the convertor/fuse box before making it's way to the 180 board?

I'm comfortable using a multimeter and trying to further diagnose, but let me give it another shot making sure I cannot connect the app before you share more information on those steps.

Thanks!
                    Ken
                    2022 2600RB

Comment

kd2600RB (Ken),

The board runs off 12vDC, so the answer is "yes"--it can run off the battery and/or the converter.

Your question leads me to ask if you know the 12v source is sufficient. Low battery power can cause all kinds of wonky failures.

Comment

That was my first thought when the problem started. I measured the battery voltage once I noticed the problems and it was 13+ volts. Other functions in and outside the trailer were still functioning (for instance...interior lights via switches, fridge, tongue jack, exterior lights via switches, stabilizer jacks). This all led me to believe the battery is OK.

It was just after I closed the slide (via the control panel button) that the control panel stopped working.

I'm likely going to get an appointment at the dealer. I'm a bit concerned there is a bigger electrical issue going on.
                        Ken
                        2022 2600RB

Comment

I would check the battery voltage again. Since from my understanding you had 13 v dc, all lights worked, I am guessing you were doing things inside the RV and not hooked to shore power. Then when the slide retracted the control center went out, at this point you may have drained the battery significantly and the control center is not working. Slides and stabilizer jacks will draw quite a bit out of a battery.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

When I pull my slide in, the lights on the control panel flash once the slide gets all the way snug and tight. Did you notice that with yours?

edited to tag kd2600RB
                            Last edited by uwskier; 04-18-2022, 05:19 PM.
                            2022 Imagine 2600RB
                            2016 Sierra Denali 1500

Comment

uwskier -- who are you asking the question to in post 14? Best to tag the intended recipient (like I just did to you) or quote the individual's post. Either way they will get a notification (like you just did) that there's a post waiting for their attention.

Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X