No announcement yet.

Command Center problems....2022 2600RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: Thanks to all for your input. My problem is fixed. A couple items to note....
    - The issue with my command center panel not working was rooted in the X180 unity board (shown in picture above by Howard). The power and ground wires were poorly crimped and secured to this board during manufacture. There was enough of a connection to pass inspection but just barely (sorry, I forgot to take pictures).
    - In my 2022 2600RB this unity board is located in a space behind the TV. Directly next to the command center monitor panel there is a storage space (with a door). The back wall of this storage space has a couple screws holding it in place. Access to the unity board is achieved by removing the back wall of this storage area.
    Ken
    2022 Imagine 2600RB
    2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.6l Gas

Comment

Originally posted by kd2600RB View Post
      The power and ground wires were poorly crimped and secured to this board during manufacture.
      Too common, unfortunately. Thanks for the follow-up! Your thread will redoubtably help someone else in the future. (You might be surprised how often this forum is searched but the individuals do not join or post. Which is fine--as long as our fellow owners get help the forum is achieving it's purpose.)

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Unfortunately proper crimping techniques are not commonly found. I almost always us the non insulated crip die on my pliers. Never crimp from the seam side.

I just recently started buying seamless connectors. Much more forgiving.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by kd2600RB View Post
          Update: Thanks to all for your input. My problem is fixed. A couple items to note....
          - The issue with my command center panel not working was rooted in the X180 unity board (shown in picture above by Howard). The power and ground wires were poorly crimped and secured to this board during manufacture. There was enough of a connection to pass inspection but just barely (sorry, I forgot to take pictures).
          - In my 2022 2600RB this unity board is located in a space behind the TV. Directly next to the command center monitor panel there is a storage space (with a door). The back wall of this storage space has a couple screws holding it in place. Access to the unity board is achieved by removing the back wall of this storage area.

Good information, thank you. We have a 2022 2600RB as well and if I ever have a Control Panel problem, I will know where to look.
          2022 Imagine 2600RB
          F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
          Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Working...
          X