Front cap lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cap lights not working

On our 2500 RL the front cap lights stopped working after three years of ownership. How can you replace them and what are the best ones to replace them with? Thank you for any and all replies.

Originally posted by Yardvarkers View Post
    On our 2500 RL the front cap lights stopped working after three years of ownership. How can you replace them and what are the best ones to replace them with? Thank you for any and all replies.
    These lights?

Click image for larger version

Name:	These lights.JPG
Views:	882
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	82436

When mine stopped working it ended up to be the crimp from the lights to the trailer wiring. These lights are LEDs, so they may not be burnt out. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...s-they-re-leds

It's not documented in that thread, but all I had to do to fix the problem was pull out the wiring until the crimp was out and then reconnect the wires. As noted in this thread, be very careful not to drop the wiring or it will be quite the job to get them back up through the cap: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...imagine-2150rb

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Had one of mine go out in the first year and ordered a couple from Grand Design (clearance lights) and later saw that both my local Home Depot and Lowes carried them.
      Eddie & Kathy
      2021 Imagine 2970RL
      2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
      Houston, TX

Comment

Originally posted by Ebkent62 View Post
        ... and later saw that both my local Home Depot and Lowes carried them.
        Can you provide a link to them, Eddie? That would be a helpful resource.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Walmart and Amazon have the same style lights that are used in the cap. Its a pretty standard 3/4" LED. I had to replace one of the blue lights under the bedslide just a few weeks ago.
          The light will just pry our of the rubber grommet. Be very careful with the wire since GD rarely gives any extra service length. It would be a good idea to probe the wires and test them for voltage. That way you would know if its a connection issue or a light issue. My WAG is that its an issue at the connection that feeds those 2 lights. It may run off of one of the front side markers,
          When I replaced the lights on my Imagine with LEDS several of the wires pulled out of the connectors. I had to do some fishing on one of them.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
          X