Tire Linc Repeater Adapter Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Linc Repeater Adapter Use

Our RV came with the Tire Linc Repeater adapter which is located in the storage area next to One Connect unit. We have TST tire sensor kit and the way the company describes placing their repeater is to use clamps to the battery, which is fine. But I’m wondering if we can use the Tire Linc Repeater wiring to accomplish this; we realize the TST repeater will have to be fastened some other way in the storage area. If this is doable, how best can it be done? I’m very hesitant with working on electrical stuff.
    Heinz
    Elke and Heinz
    2018 Chevy 3500 SRW Duramax SB
    2021 Reflection 337RLS

hduring
    Heinz,
    Can you post a picture of the manual's instructions or even better post a PDF copy? There seems to be a lot of different TST models (at least that's what the search engine response seems to indicate). Don't want to assume and provide bad information.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Maybe page 22 here: https://tsttruck.com/media/productsu...anual-RevD.pdf
      Tim H.
      2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
      2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
      Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
      Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        hduring
        Heinz,
        Can you post a picture of the manual's instructions or even better post a PDF copy? There seems to be a lot of different TST models (at least that's what the search engine response seems to indicate). Don't want to assume and provide bad information.

Howard
        howson what Tim timh0042 wrote is what I have, TST 507. I also received the applicable clamp instructions from the vendor I bought these from (TechnoRV) https://youtu.be/QlZRLPfA0s8
        I haven’t checked on how the Tire Linc wiring from storage area to the battery (if that’s where it goes to) is run.
        Heinz
        Elke and Heinz
        2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

timh0042 and hduring -- I cannot get that dang gum manual to download. I tried the link provided and also searching for other links. Not sure what the problem is--any chance you can attach it to a post and upload what you have here?
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
            timh0042 and hduring -- I cannot get that dang gum manual to download. I tried the link provided and also searching for other links. Not sure what the problem is--any chance you can attach it to a post and upload what you have here?
            howson attached is a ~4Mb PDF.
            Attached Files
            Elke and Heinz
            2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

hduring

So this repeater (and the associated paragraph from the manual) is what you're referencing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Repeater.JPG
Views:	342
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	82592

If it is, mounting the repeater in place of the Tire Linc and utilizing the Linc's power wires should work fine. The job is relatively simple...just mount in wire in place of the Lippert product. You HAVE to follow common safety practices though, when working with electrical components (ALL power off, etc). If in doubt...best to hire someone to do this for you (it's a simple job but I understand it can be intimidating if you're unsure).

To join the new component with the existing wiring you can use a WAGO connector. You'll need two of these WAGOs, one to connect the positive wires and one to connect the negative wires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wago.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	82593

Hope that helps.

Howard

Comment

howson Thanks Howard, that’s exactly what I want to do. I’ll cut all power and remove battery cabling first. Something tells me I’ll need the WAGO connectors for other projects in the future, so I’ll get a few of them.
                Elke and Heinz
                2021 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

Originally posted by hduring View Post
                  howson Thanks Howard, that’s exactly what I want to do. I’ll cut all power and remove battery cabling first. Something tells me I’ll need the WAGO connectors for other projects in the future, so I’ll get a few of them.
                  I bought a complete kit on Amazon. Great purchase so highly recommend.
                  Alan and Julie Hartford
                  2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
                  2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

Quick link for the Wago on amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X