WAGO connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post

Chris - this is great information, thanks. Do you use them routinely or are wire nuts still the typical rough-in connections?

Alex
    i still use wire nuts for most splices, probably just old habits you know.
    2022 303RLS (9/21 build)

Comment

I found these at Lowe's and I feel they are much better than using wire nuts. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Alumiconn-3...ectors/4433877
      Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
      TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Originally posted by BobinICT View Post
        I found these at Lowe's and I feel they are much better than using wire nuts. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Alumiconn-3...ectors/4433877
        Those are for aluminum wire. It has Noalox in it to prevent the aluminum oxidation. Huge waste of money to use those on standard copper.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I would be worried about the screws loosening over time with the constant movement in an RV. The Wago connectors are essentially a "tension spring" fit with constant tension on the wire ends.
          Mike and (RIP Karen)
          2021 2600RB
          2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

Originally posted by AZMike View Post

I would be worried about the screws loosening over time with the constant movement in an RV. The Wago connectors are essentially a "tension spring" fit with constant tension on the wire ends.
            Most connections in the service panel are similar. These tightened down real good. I like that when used for braid and solid, the wires are connected on their own connection and solid. I wanted something for the ATS I installed and will most likely never see again behind the power center. As for price, considering the thousands of dollars in the rig, four bucks each I'm OK with. Was just trying to share some information.
            TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Good find, I am going to pick up a couple to have on hand, one can never have too many different ways to splice or repair a wire when needed.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Good find, I am going to pick up a couple to have on hand, one can never have too many different ways to splice or repair a wire when needed.

Brian
                I've used those when I need to splice larger wire, and I keep a set in the rig for if I need to bypass my inverter due to a failure (6/3). They're great for that purpose, but probably a bit overkill for smaller splices like lights and small 12v work. The Wago I find are great in place of a butt splice if the wires are different gauges, or you've got more than two to bring together.

There are what I used (similar to what Bob linked from Lowes)

Morris Products 97103 Black Insulated 2 Conductor Connector – 2-14 Wire Range, Slotted Allen Hex – 1.15”L x 1.50”W x 1.42”H – Single Side Entry – Pre-Filled, Easy Entry, Rubber Vinyl Coating, 600 Volt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UKG8DNU...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I've used those when I need to splice larger wire, and I keep a set in the rig for if I need to bypass my inverter due to a failure (6/3). They're great for that purpose, but probably a bit overkill for smaller splices like lights and small 12v work. The Wago I find are great in place of a butt splice if the wires are different gauges, or you've got more than two to bring together.

Morris Products 97103 Black Insulated 2 Conductor Connector – 2-14 Wire Range, Slotted Allen Hex – 1.15”L x 1.50”W x 1.42”H – Single Side Entry – Pre-Filled, Easy Entry, Rubber Vinyl Coating, 600 Volt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UKG8DNU...ing=UTF8&psc=1
                  The Morris is a much better solution as that is for copper use. As mentioned, those are good for larger gauge wire. Wagos, wire nuts, etc. are for smaller gauge wire.
                  Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
                  2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
                  2020 Momentum 351M
                  2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

Yes, I just felt with the 10 AWG I was connecting I needed something more robust than a splice that has limited contact with the wire. Wanted solid hard connection. The Morris looks good too.

Comment

Working...
                    X