Step and Awning Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step and Awning Lights

I know this has been beat to death, I have a 2017 Grand Design Momentum 350M VIN#573FM4025H1204668 would it be possible to get whatever wiring diagrams as possible? I am having issues with the blue step lights just stopped while it shows on in the One Control panel also the awning light turns red and does not light up. We are full time in our RV and I own a motorcycle shop I know that it is not a difficult problem and I understand electrical very well. The diagrams would make it a quicker to trace out.

FlashGordon Unfortunately they are not available as you describe. You can contact Grand Design (their number is posted on the "business card" on the home page of the forum) and they can send you the plans they use to build the rig, but I can tell you having seen them they will not help for what you are doing.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Also the Flood Light stopped working, there has to be a common connection between these circuits, I will try and call mon Monday and see if there is anything Grand Design can help with.

Comment

FlashGordon

You may have a blown fuse that is causing all of the light issues, this may be behind the convenience panel where all of the buttons and switches are if you have that.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We have the One Control System

Comment

FlashGordon I would probably suspect your One Control interface board. There will be a data cable that goes from your touchscreen down to the interface board, and then the outputs of that board go to your various lights and devices. Unfortunately I do not know where your specific board is located, I would suspect behind the wall in the pass through.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
            2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
            2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

FlashGordon -- if you have the OneControl in your Momentum it is most likely there's a Unity X4 board behind the false wall (aft of the under storage area). The Unity x4 looks like this (note pic is with the cover off):

Click image for larger version

Name:	X4.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	83204

One the backside of the cover will be a diagram that identifies the outputs and inputs to the board.

I can't overstress this: be careful if you poke around on this board. An X4 is expensive (north of $1K on LCI's site). If in doubt...STOP...and call Lippert for assistance. Their info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well just got off the phone with customer service and they are not able to get me a wiring diagram because there is no such animal so their answer is take to a dealer. My answer to that is if they can't provide a wiring diagram then why should I take it to a dealer since they won't have access to one either and for me to pay by the hour for them to guess, heck I can do that myself. This is ridiculous it is not rocket science and there should be one available.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                  FlashGordon -- if you have the OneControl in your Momentum it is most likely there's a Unity X4 board behind the false wall (aft of the under storage area). The Unity x4 looks like this (note pic is with the cover off):

Click image for larger version

Name:	X4.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	83204

One the backside of the cover will be a diagram that identifies the outputs and inputs to the board.

I can't overstress this: be careful if you poke around on this board. An X4 is expensive (north of $1K on LCI's site). If in doubt...STOP...and call Lippert for assistance. Their info is here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

Howard
                  Thank you Howard, I will check that out when I get home tonight

Comment

Hopefully someone labeled the back side of the cover so you at least know what wires to check. hopefully you find a loose connector on the board. I think someone else had a similar issue and found one of the connectors not seated fully.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X