Dc charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dc charger

Progressive Dynamics PD 9260C won’t charge Renogy lifpo4 batteries. Chargers runs-everything else in trailer with battery disconnected . Output of converter is 13.3 volts battery measures 13.4. 2 batteries in parallel . They charge with my dc-dc charger ab a battery tender with a lithium setting. Trailer is new 1st trip out. 295RL

Originally posted by Bobsrv View Post
    Progressive Dynamics PD 9260C won’t charge Renogy lifpo4 batteries. Chargers runs-everything else in trailer with battery disconnected . Output of converter is 13.3 volts battery measures 13.4. 2 batteries in parallel . They charge with my dc-dc charger ab a battery tender with a lithium setting. Trailer is new 1st trip out. 295RL
    That model isn't listed as lithium compatible, and that converter voltage is lower than the battery voltage so it's charged them as high as it can go. To charge lithium to full you need more vintage than that (my Lion Energy batteries take 14.6). You'll need to replace the converter if you want shore power to charge them all the way. Otherwise you have to rely on your solar charger or DC to DC to top them off.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Ya, won't charge them because it was never made to. Need to install a lithium capable charger for your LiFePO4 battery.
      2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
      Not to brag or anything about my finances, but my bank calls me about every day to tell me my balance is OUTSTANDING!

Comment

Bobsrv -- ncitro nailed it. The 9260C is not made to charge a LifePO4 battery (see pic from Progressive's website below).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Progressive.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	147.9 KB
ID:	83677

A PD9160ALV might be what you need (please call Progressive to confirm as I am not knowledgeable of every possible variable): https://www.progressivedyn.com/pd9100l/
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Charger should go higher than 13.3V. At that it could barely charge some AGMs. Turn a light or few on and see if the charger will find another gear.
          John & Kathy
          2014 Reflection 303RLS
          2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

I start looking at lithium chargers. has anyone used the progressive dynamics drop in replacement?

Comment

Bobsrv I think a few have and it's certainly an option, but generally you're better served to get a "deck mount"that comes in a case like what Howard linked and locate it near to the batteries, that way they'll charge better with less voltage drop.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Bobsrv View Post
                Hello - I used the drop in lithium compatible Power Dynamics unit in my upgrade. I don’t know how to link it here but search my posts or this title 303RLS Lithium - Converter - DC DC Charger Upgrade

for the details. I was not ready for the added inverter/converter cost and for the type of camping we do right now it was a lot to do above what I’ve done already. So I opted for the drop in. I toyed with simply replacing it where it was but but being a bit ocd, and since I was doing a lot of work already and that I was eventually going to do more, I moved it into the battery compartment. It could have easily gone right where it was but ultimately I think it’s better where it is now. When I upgrade to the Victron multiplus later, the PD unit will come out since it won’t be needed anymore. I’ll drop in a pic here of the completed project but go to my post for more details. Let me know if you have any questions.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BF0F7506-A7E4-4B0F-9764-0FCFEE1C8434.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	83868
                Alan and Julie Hartford
                2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
                2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJulesTikiAl View Post

Hello - I used the drop in lithium compatible Power Dynamics unit in my upgrade. I don’t know how to link it here but search my posts or this title 303RLS Lithium - Converter - DC DC Charger Upgrade

for the details. I was not ready for the added inverter/converter cost and for the type of camping we do right now it was a lot to do above what I’ve done already. So I opted for the drop in. I toyed with simply replacing it where it was but but being a bit ocd, and since I was doing a lot of work already and that I was eventually going to do more, I moved it into the battery compartment. It could have easily gone right where it was but ultimately I think it’s better where it is now. When I upgrade to the Victron multiplus later, the PD unit will come out since it won’t be needed anymore. I’ll drop in a pic here of the completed project but go to my post for more details. Let me know if you have any questions.

Click image for larger version Name:	BF0F7506-A7E4-4B0F-9764-0FCFEE1C8434.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	105.9 KB ID:	83868
                  https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...harger-upgrade
                  Tim H.
                  2022 Imagine XLS 23BHE
                  2019 Ford F250 Platinum 6.7L Diesel
                  Formerly: 2016 Ford F150 Lariat Super Crew, FX4, 3.5L EB, 6-1/2' bed
                  Formerly: 2019 Keystone Passport 175BH

Comment

I just replaced mine with the 9260ALV first charge was delivering 35 amps. I installed it in the original location.

Comment

Working...
                    X