Front cap LED lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front cap LED lights

I have a 2016 2600RB the front lights are burnt out in a couple spots wondering how hard it is to install new ones. Any help would be great.

What front lights? The exterior marker lights? A picture showing us exactly what lights you are referencing will make it much easier to reply with a recommendation.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Darren - Welcome to the forum.

I'm attaching a photograph of the 2016 2600RB LED light strips. I assume this is the part you are referring to. Although I've never changed a set, I believe it's a simple splice job to make the electrical connection, and the lights are adhered to the cap with a peel and stick adhesive. If you want to purchase the same lights, you can give the part number in the photo to your dealer and they will order them for you. Grand Design does not sell parts directly to customers.

You can also order the lights on Amazon. Do a search for "12V LED RV light strips with adhesive."

Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

If you do replace the lights and want a high quality LED strip look at https://www.flexfireleds.com/.

Click image for larger version  Name:	SR70 LED -02.JPG Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	8481

I use their products commercially and they hold up well. This install is over two years old now.

Attached Files
        2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD
        2019 GD Solitude 375RES-R

Comment

Help, please. Our 2020 Solitude 2930S has lost its front cap lights. My guess is a blown fuse, does anyone know the location? Many thanks.
          2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
            Help, please. Our 2020 Solitude 2930S has lost its front cap lights. My guess is a blown fuse, does anyone know the location? Many thanks.
            Steve,
            I don't know if it's accurate, but fuse 11 (15A) in your distribution panel is for "Exterior Lighting". Does the awning light work? (I'm assuming a 2930 has an awning light--not familiar with it.)

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howard, thanks. We only have 9 12 V fuses and none labeled exterior. Possibly in line near switch. Will report tomorrow.
              2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
                Howard, thanks. We only have 9 12 V fuses and none labeled exterior. Possibly in line near switch. Will report tomorrow.
                I can't even find where you turn them on! Is this the switch for the front LED lights?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch.JPG
Views:	2153
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	9377

Comment

Thanks for the add. My wife, and I purchased a 2018 Reflection 2 months back. I have noticed the light straps on the front cap, but not sure where the switch might be. My trailer happens to be bumper pull, not a 5th wheel.

Comment

The switch for my front cap led strip is under my 5th wheel overhang, streetside. A covered rocker switch.
                    Ted
                    2021 Reflection 310RLS
                    2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Photoman63 View Post
                      Thanks for the add. My wife, and I purchased a 2018 Reflection 2 months back. I have noticed the light straps on the front cap, but not sure where the switch might be. My trailer happens to be bumper pull, not a 5th wheel.
                      If you provide the model someone here could help you with the switch location.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Photoman63 View Post
                        The switch is on the nautilus panel.
                        2018 Reflection 315RLTS
                        2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I can't even find where you turn them on! Is this the switch for the front LED lights?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch.JPG
Views:	2153
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	9377
                          That is where the switch for our cap lights and the strip on the door side frame rail.
                          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                          Nash County, NC
                          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
                          X