Running Power & Network Cables Basement to Washer Closet 310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Power & Network Cables Basement to Washer Closet 310

I am just completing a solar install with 4 BB 100amp batteries, Multiplus II, two Victron controllers, Cerbo GX. I also installed a Pepwave and Poyntng antenna on the roof. Thanks to the work many of you previously did, everything works!

I need help with one of the last things. I need to run DC power and cat 6 cable from the basement to the washer closet and Pepwave and I’m not certain of the best route. Following the water lines to the closet it seems to go through a carpeted channel in the bedroom behind the dresser. Is this the best route? If so, I think I need to cut an access panel under the dresser.

Any ideas or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jon
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2018 Silverado 3500HD Duramax SRW

I would think that you could drill a hole up thru the floor from the front storage into the closet area near the washer or dryer, the floor should only be 3/4" thick. Do a bit of checking before, you could drill a small 1/8" diameter hole to see where you are going and could be easily patched or filled in. I did not realize the washer water lines went thru that channel, I thought they would have come up thru the pass thru ceiling.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Sorry I am not more help, I mounted my Peplink behind my TV up high so it had easy access to the roof. To make my runs to the front for the second wifi antenna I ran my cat 6 inside the AC duct to the front. I thought about trying to work up from the bottom, but it was too tough to get cables up to where I needed to go from the pass through.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post
        Sorry I am not more help, I mounted my Peplink behind my TV up high so it had easy access to the roof. To make my runs to the front for the second wifi antenna I ran my cat 6 inside the AC duct to the front. I thought about trying to work up from the bottom, but it was too tough to get cables up to where I needed to go from the pass through.
        Thanks for the ideas. I may mount the Pepwave like you did behind the TV. I am not certain that there is dc power there. I will check this morning.
        Jon
        2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by Bupboy View Post

Thanks for the ideas. I may mount the Pepwave like you did behind the TV. I am not certain that there is dc power there. I will check this morning.
          My radio was next to the tv so I grabbed 12v there.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
          2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
          2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

My radio was next to the tv so I grabbed 12v there.
            Of course! Thanks
            Jon
            2021 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
            X