X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris A
    replied
    Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
    Chris, I have an 2021 model 303. You could cut the inside front wall near the battery disconnect switch, wire in the plug as shown above, then using an extension cable run the power chord out through the wiring bulkhead in the plastic tray on the trailing side of the basement. You could even instal a bulkhead on the leading side of the plastic tray. That way no holes in the side wall.
    That’s an nice alternative

Leave a comment:

• Chris A
    replied
    Originally posted by howson View Post

Oh yea, I know the feeling...pucker factor is HIGH when the drill is in use!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hole in roof.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	85261
    she’s still not happy about the hole I cut in the bed of our truck to install the turn over ball 😂

Leave a comment:

• Jlawles2
    replied
    Chris, I have an 2021 model 303. You could cut the inside front wall near the battery disconnect switch, wire in the plug as shown above, then using an extension cable run the power chord out through the wiring bulkhead in the plastic tray on the trailing side of the basement. You could even instal a bulkhead on the leading side of the plastic tray. That way no holes in the side wall.

Leave a comment:

• howson
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris A View Post

my wife would kill me if I cut a hole in our brand new camper, not gonna happen😂
    Oh yea, I know the feeling...pucker factor is HIGH when the drill is in use!

Click image for larger version

Name:	hole in roof.JPG
Views:	366
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	85261

Leave a comment:

• LAHS75
    replied
    The external connector looks like original equipment. Hard to see the wiring in the photo of the MPPT solar charge controller. Renogy has a lot of good information on controllers and wiring in parallel or series: Series vs Parallel Connections Explained | Renogy Solar
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chris A
    replied
    Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

It sounds like some basic wiring is required. I'm assuming your batteries ar in the front compartment. If it were me, I would place the sidewall port ( ncitro recommendation) on the camp side of the front area (you'll have to cut a small hole in the side of your trailer....yikes!). Run positive from sidewall port to a shutoff switch, then from shutoff to battery positive terminal. Negative goes from sidewall port to negative battery terminal.
    my wife would kill me if I cut a hole in our brand new camper, not gonna happen😂

Leave a comment:

• Chris A
    replied
    Originally posted by LAHS75 View Post
    I just added a 200 W portable solar panel to my 2022 337RLS. I wired the RV and portable solar panels in series to the MPPT controller to maximize voltage (For PWM controllers connect the solar panels in parallel). Attached is the wiring diagram I made.
    Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for, do you happen to have any photos?

Leave a comment:

• Randy Zahn
    replied
    I just bought a Transcend 247BH and had a go-power suitcase solar panel. When we set the camp up I just wired the solar panel directly to my batteries. Just like I did on my old Jayco. Seem to work find. The rig came with 1-12v battery but will be replacing it with 2-6v batteries

Leave a comment:

• acoleman43
    replied
    i don’t have a direct solar connection, unfortunately
    It sounds like some basic wiring is required. I'm assuming your batteries ar in the front compartment. If it were me, I would place the sidewall port ( ncitro recommendation) on the camp side of the front area (you'll have to cut a small hole in the side of your trailer....yikes!). Run positive from sidewall port to a shutoff switch, then from shutoff to battery positive terminal. Negative goes from sidewall port to negative battery terminal.

Leave a comment:

• LAHS75
    replied
    I just added a 200 W portable solar panel to my 2022 337RLS. I wired the RV and portable solar panels in series to the MPPT controller to maximize voltage (For PWM controllers connect the solar panels in parallel). Attached is the wiring diagram I made.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chris A
    replied
    Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    I replaced the PCM controller and installed a Victron MPPT controller on my suitcase solar panels which is more efficient. Just plug it into the solar input on the rig which is a direct connection to the battery. The Victron controller reports via the Victron Bluetooth app as well.

Jim
    i don’t have a direct solar connection, unfortunately

Leave a comment:

replied
    I replaced the PCM controller and installed a Victron MPPT controller on my suitcase solar panels which is more efficient. Just plug it into the solar input on the rig which is a direct connection to the battery. The Victron controller reports via the Victron Bluetooth app as well.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• acoleman43
    replied
    Bellis,
    it’s a 50a furrion charge controller I believe, with a 165W panel on the roof, all factory. No solar connection on the outside
    I agree with ncitro . I'd just wire it directly to the battery using the connection Neil linked to.

Leave a comment:

• ncitro
    replied
    Bellis,
    it’s a 50a furrion charge controller I believe, with a 165W panel on the roof, all factory. No solar connection on the outside
    I would not use the factory controller, odds are the voltage of your portable panel is different than the rooftop panel. I'd just use the controller with your portable panel and connect it's output to your battery. Either through your front bay, or if you want a disconnect you could mount something to the right of the front bay door.

Something like this:

CERRXIAN 55cm 10AWG SAE Socket Solar Weatherproof Sidewall Port DIY Cord, SAE Quick Disconnect Wire Harness Panel Mount Power Cable with Cap https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TB7XH2H...11YK9WNF61A0JJ

Leave a comment:

• Chris A
    replied
    Bellis,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X