Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200Mk electrical upgrades

Hello,

Last September we took our Transcend 200MK dry camping for 5 days in Rocky Mountain National Park. Prior to the trip, we had already replaced the lead acid battery with a 100 AH Battleborn Lithium. The solar panel delivered with the 200MK kept the Lithium battery charged during the trip- but just barely, and it was sunny most days (with some random showers periodically).

So we decided to upgrade the solar and the battery to handle longer trips in the future. We purchased a second 100AH Battleborn lithium and a 200 watt solar panel from Rich Solar to add to the furrion solar panel that shipped with the unit. I checked the specifications and the furrion solar charge controller that was delivered with the TT can handle the upgrade.

I also wanted better protection for the batteries so I also purchased a locking battery box.

The biggest issue with adding the solar panel is the furrion proprietary solar connectors - I could not find a 2-1 splitter for the furrion connector. These splitters are common for standard solar connectors. So I purchased the individual standard solar connectors and a crimp kit and made my own 2-1 splitter/adapters.

It all works great. any comments or concerns?

Randy

Nice looking install Randy. That should work well for you.

jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

This is exactly what I want to do with my 2400BH. Came with the one panel and lead battery. Want to add one more panel and two LiFePO4 batteries. Aside from the panel and adding the batteries, did you have to do anything else (electrical wise), and have you been happy with it?
      Bob-O
      Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
      2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
      Northern Colorado​

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbybob View Post
        This is exactly what I want to do with my 2400BH. Came with the one panel and lead battery. Want to add one more panel and two LiFePO4 batteries. Aside from the panel and adding the batteries, did you have to do anything else (electrical wise), and have you been happy with it?
        aorrville last checked in on the forum in June, so they may not see your question. A few pieces of key information is needed to give an informed response.

1) What solar controller is installed in your 2400BH?
        2) What panel is currently installed and what model solar panel will be added?
        3) Will the new panel be wired in series or parallel?
        4) What gauge of wire is installed that is feeding the input to the solar controller and what gauge wire is going from the controller to the battery? Are either of these lines have protective devices (fuse or circuit breaker)?
        5) What make and model converter is installed in the RV? (If you want to get the full potential from the new lithium batteries a compatible charger is a must.)

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I am not sure why I have not seen this...apologies and thanks for your reply!

I have been doing a lot of research on this topic and have a lot better of an idea as to what I might need to do when I head down this path. I ended up starting with a new LiPo battery (200AH EnduroPower) and am going to monitor this to see what I will need to do with my solar setup based on consumption/usage.

As of now, I am still all stock (controller - Furrion 25 MPPT/inverter WFCO WF-8955-AD-GE/165W single Furrion panel) and know I will more than likely have to switch out my controller and inverter. We shall see!

Thanks again for the response.
          Bob-O
          Imagine 2400BH | Champion 4650 Dual Fuel Generator | Solar Package | 200ah EnduroPower Lithium
          2020 Ram 1500 Laramie | 5.7L w/eTorque | S&B CAI | 3.92 Axle | 6'4" Box | 4x4 | 2" Mopar Lift | SnugTop
          Northern Colorado​

Comment

Working...
          X