I want to install a dimmer for the awning lights on a 2021 303rls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to install a dimmer for the awning lights on a 2021 303rls

I want to install a dimmer and possible split both awnings into 2 switches. I do have one control, and someone said you need to install before that system. I'm looking to put this dimmer Amazon.com: RV LIGHTING WS-01DC Wireless Wall Switch and LED Controller with Lead Wire, 1 Pack : Automotive I have used it in other locations and works great. If someone has done this can you please send me pics where I need to tie in or information to install. If its to difficult I can install dn the panel lights and dont use my one control. That would be ok to as the dimmer comes with a remote.
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
    Anderson ultimate hitch

You will have to find the output side from the one control board that goes to the light that you want to dim and install the remote dimmer at that point. It has been done on here, I will try to find the posts.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

thanks Brian
      2021 Reflection 303RLS
      Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Dennis66 I bought one of those dimmers. Didn't work. They sent me another, it worked twice. They sent me another, and it didn't work. Changed to a different brand, works with no problems. I documented my install; I think it was about six months ago. Haven't done the awning lights, tho. Good luck.
        Last edited by DarnDave; 05-24-2022, 11:46 PM. Reason: Added tag
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

I was thinking of putting it where the awning to awning arm is the wires are right there, I can tuck the controller in the awning arm and weather proof it.
          2021 Reflection 303RLS
          Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Are we sure the factory awning leds are dimmable? Some leds can't be.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
              Are we sure the factory awning leds are dimmable? Some leds can't be.
              Mine are, but that's no guarantee that any specific trailer will have the same lights (even within the same year and model). Substitutions during builds are quite common the last several years.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

There strip LED I was a lighting expert for all John Deere facilities they can all be dimmed its the bulb style that you need to make sure
                2021 Reflection 303RLS
                Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Ok guys I installed 2 dimmers for both awnings and they work great, you can have one or both on and dim to level you like. Still works with my one control app and factory switch. I installed the DC eco dimmers very easy, I installed them where the awning LEDs are connected up on the awnings. There is a small plastic cover that pops off from there I used waggle connectors and secured the small modules behing the covers. I reinstalled the covers and used silicone for watertight connections. Here is a pic of the two dimmer remotes you can put anywhere, Ill get some pics tonight of the dimming
                  Attached Files
                  2021 Reflection 303RLS
                  Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dimmed3.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	604.7 KB
ID:	86658 here is a pic dimmed down
                    2021 Reflection 303RLS
                    Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis66 View Post
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	dimmed3.jpg Views:	14 Size:	604.7 KB ID:	86658 here is a pic dimmed down
                      Can you provide a description or link to the device you used?
                      Alan and Julie Hartford
                      2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 303RLS
                      2015 F-350 SW Crew Cab 4x4 King Ranch

Comment

Dennis, is the button setup by the panel wireless?
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
                          Dennis, is the button setup by the panel wireless?
                          These are the same ones I used. The button is wireless.
                          2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Comment

Originally posted by WickedJulesTikiAl View Post

Can you provide a description or link to the device you used?
                            It's in his first post
                            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
                            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too....

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy Started reading the thread while traveling. Must have missed the link to the switch. Thanks for reminding me.
                              Joseph
                              Tow
                              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X