Slide-Out Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide-Out Error

The Lippert control panel is type 13398-C2. Error message 8: "wire short between controller and motor" for motor #2 living room.
    I can use the electronic override setting to open and close the slide fully, In override the slide out travels in or out to its full extension and to close smooth and evenly.

When NOT is override the slide out each travels about two inches and stops, whether going in or out.

I've read the 'Schwintek In-Wall™ Slideout System Operation and Service Manual' cover to cover, and watched a handful of YouTube videos on the subject, without finding a solution.

Prior to this issue the slide out worked fine without any issues.

Dows anyone have any insight on how to go about finding where the problem is? The wiring is of course hidden so I don’t believe I can see if it is pinched or frayed.

**** After lots of looking, we discover the controllers are not all in the same place. If you call Grand Design for assist they gave two possible locations and neither were correct. 31MB - all 3 slide out controllers are hidden completely out of sights They are on the pass through storage. The middle fake wall needs to be unscrewed and all 3 are anchored on the floor. ****

Camper0414

With the slide in you can move the wiper seal to the side at the top of the slide to see the top of the motors and the wires. It is pretty tight there but should be doable.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X