Overhead lights and USB in slide not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead lights and USB in slide not working

I have a 2022 GD Imagine 2500RL purchased in February. Overhead light and USB in the slide stopped working. The refrigerator that is in the slide works fine. I know it would normally be a warranty issue, but we purchased in North Carolina and are spending the summer in upstate New York. The local GD dealer (Meyers) will not service because I didn't purchase the trailer from them. Not happy about their customer service! I emailed GD and they said I could work on it myself without voiding a warranty but I am not sure where to start troubleshooting. I have checked all the fuses. Nothing looks out of whack underneath the slide. Is there a connection I can check and if so where would it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I tear into the belly liner.
    Lang, Kris & Toby
    2022 GD Imagine 2500RL
    2022 Ram Limited Longhorn 5’7” box, 3.92 rear

If the overhead light is operated by a switch I would pull that from the wall and check there first. If it is not operated by a switch and the USB port is on the wall then I would pull the USB port and check there for loose wires. I will guess that the power goes thru the USB port before going to the light. Be careful with checking this as a short of the 12 v dc system may cause you more issues.

Hopefully you have a meter to help you check these circuits.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by WakMakr View Post
      I have a 2022 GD Imagine 2500RL purchased in February. Overhead light and USB in the slide stopped working. The refrigerator that is in the slide works fine. I know it would normally be a warranty issue, but we purchased in North Carolina and are spending the summer in upstate New York. The local GD dealer (Meyers) will not service because I didn't purchase the trailer from them. Not happy about their customer service! I emailed GD and they said I could work on it myself without voiding a warranty but I am not sure where to start troubleshooting. I have checked all the fuses. Nothing looks out of whack underneath the slide. Is there a connection I can check and if so where would it be? Any help would be greatly appreciated before I tear into the belly liner.
      One place to look is the flexible cord to the slide. With the slide extended look for the cable supported by a spring. Clack for damage. Brian is also correct. Pull the USB outlet and check the wiring, There is usually slack and it is tied into the 12V light circuit. Could be something simple as a loose wire.at the splice point.

Please post back what you find.
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Let's start with the easy stuff first. Since the light and USB port are 12 volt items, check your fuse panel to see if a fuse may be blown. Quite often when a fuse blows, a red light will come on. But not always. The best way to check them is by performing a continuity test with an ohm meter.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X